Originally Posted by 81spider
We are in love with the Mainship 400. It crosses everthing off our list. I am asking for help to see if there are any other boats that cross off the whole list?
The list that attracts us is:
1. Actual stairs going to the fly-bridge. We feel we will not use it if we have to carry our food and drinks with us up a ladder.
2. Cockpit, swim Platform. We want to be able to access the inside of the boat via the cockpit. We want a tuna door out to the swim platform.
3. A 2nd stateroom that will be used for storage only. It can be any style berth, and size.
4. Diesel engine(s) with Bow Thruster
5. Trying to stay in the 38-42" range
We shopped on the Mainship 400 too, as well as the Mainship 430 which would also likely meet your criteria (very similar to ours) except for that extra foot.
We went a different direction, though... and if you're not locked into the "trawler" approach there are several sportfish (convertible) and sedan bridge boats that do all that. Brands like Sea Ray, Carver, Formula, Cruisers (I think), Silverton, etc...
Not a recommendation, just an observation...