Recommendation Please for Volvo Mechanic in the Seattle-Olympia Area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
A friend of mine has a trawler with Volvo T40 (?) and is having an oil consumption problem. He is currently in the Broughtens BC and is heading back to Puget Sound. Any recommendations? He thinks it’s an oil cooler.

It is likely a TMD40 (Turbo Marine Diesel)

There are many Volvo certified mechanics on his way south. Campbell River will have at least one, as will Comox, Nanaimo, Vancouver. Just look for the Volvo Penta sign.

I use Inlet Marine, at Reed Point Marina, Port Moody. Tom grew up working on Volvos. So far I have found nothing to stump him. When I had TMD40s in my boat, he correctly diagnosed a couple of problems with just my inarticulate babbling over a poor cellphone connection.

A friend of mine has a trawler with Volvo T40 (?) and is having an oil consumption problem. He is currently in the Broughtens BC and is heading back to Puget Sound. Any recommendations? He thinks it’s an oil cooler.

It should be pretty easy to spot oil going into the water if it's the cooler. If it is then bypass the oil cooler (if it is a remote unit) and drive home at low power or run on the other engine if there is one.

Where in the Broughtons and has he left already?
There are decent mechanics in Port McNeil.

I used All-Pro Diesel Repair in McNeil for an injector pump problem on my Cummins 555 a few years ago. They did a good job.

Depending upon what it is any good mechanic should be able to help.

1-250-956-3436
OR
1-877-956-3436

good luck with whatever he chooses to do.

Thanks everyone. He is heading towardMcNeil and I have passed on the recommendations

AlPro Diesel had to suspend operations .Phone no longer in service
Progessive Diesel is a Volvo dealer in Port McNeill
Ted

Back
Top Bottom