Recommendation for Boat Yard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MichaelD

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Athena
Vessel Make
Bayliner 4588
When I find an outfit that does good work with integrity, I like to encourage and support it. I recently completed my first annual maintenance haul-out of my new-to-me boat at Pacific Marine Center in Anacortes, WA and I would like to give them a shout-out for great work and customer service.

1. They did the basic work very well and very quickly.
2. They noticed a potentially bad electrolysis problem. It looked like many boat-bucks of work, casting new struts, etc. Between us, we found two likely contributors in bonding faults and zinc connections. While I had reconciled myself to emptying my boat savings, they dug deeper and discovered that some of the symptoms were superficial and recommended I just fix the obvious problems and not replace the struts, whereas they could have just taken my money.
3. At launch, there was an issue with mysterious staining deposits all over the boat. Not obvious how this happened, but they proceeded to clean it all up, making me a happy customer.

kind of you to give them a shout out, i've heard good things about them but have no personal experience.
seems like there's always a nasty layer of stuff on the boat after being on the hard for a while. i usually haul down in olympia where there's a pretty strict vacuum sanding rule in place, still have to wash the boat as soon as possible after launch and limit the footprints on deck until it's been cleaned.

Yes, after some sleuthing and analyzing winds etc., it was my conclusion that it resulted from wire brushing the running gear, since they do use vacuum sanders. There was some thought it could have come from the refinery across Padilla Bay, but the distribution on the boat and the fact that no other boats in yard had it, kind of ruled that out. I did wash down right after launch but it seemed engrained in gelcoat. They used a product called On/Off to get it out.

Thanks for posting that. Happy to file away a good referral!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom