Reasonable price for Sailrite SR200 sewing machine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwnall

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Morgan
Vessel Make
Gulfstar 36
Back in our cruising days on the sailboat, my wife bought a new Sailrite SR200 sewing machine to use on the boat. I think she paid about $1000 for it at the time. She put it to good use, sewing sailcovers, bimini covers, canopies, etc.

But those times are memories now, and the machine sits in a back room gathering dust. A friend of a friend wants to buy it, and wants me to name my price.

Frankly, I do not know what it might be worth. It is about 18 years old, a bit battered, but worked last time it was used.

I was thinking about $250 perhaps. Any thoughts???

Thanks

1/2 of new, if it is in like new condition. 250 sounds like good deal. However a sail in hand is better than an anchor in the garage.

Sailrite machine for sale... Any thoughts???
Thanks

My rule of thumb for used and in good working order is 1/2 of current new price.Especially if you have any accessories / supplies to include.
I bought a Sailrite LS for just about the 50% target and it was basically unused.

Thanks for all the feedback. She offered $200 and I took it. She got a good deal I suppose, but I was not using it, and it just took up space in the house. So everyone is happy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom