Raymarine E120 chartplotter AIS issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

altinr

Raymarine E120 has correct AIS list, but doesn’t display ship markers on chart. Presentation/Chart layers/Chart layers are set to “AIS objects:ON”.

Raymarine. AIS list agrees with that on MarineTraffic.com. Our boat doesn’t currently show on that site, but has intermittently in the past, and I have seen ship markers on the Raymarine intermittently in the past. The AIS is turned on and set to transmit.
A passing commercial vessel recently hailed me by name from about a mile, so he must have been picking up transmission.
Any ideas?

Regarding MarineTraffic.com - if you don't have a paid subscription, updates of traffic movement that you see on your app can be very intermittent. Sometimes with hours of delay. MarineTraffic (free version) used to be a lot more feature-rich and frequently updated, but they've been gradually "dumbing-down" the free version. I now supplement it with VesselFinder and ShipFinder. Eventually, I expect I will have to start paying...

Regarding display of the ship marker on your E120, I'm sorry - I'm not sure what might be causing that.

I just figured out the problem.
There’s an additional set of settings!

MENU/AIS LAYER SETUP/DISPLAYED TARGET TYPES/,
and I then changed DANGEROUS to ALL.

Back
Top Bottom