Raymarine axiom rv with RayControl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lostsailor13

Vessel Name
Broadbill
Vessel Make
Willard 36
Ordered the axiom 9 inch rv setup today for install during March haulout,the unit will be mounted inside at helm station,and use iPad on flybridge with RayControl,that is how I use my chart plotter set up now,will buy another iPad and mount for flybridge also,the 3D graphics are unbelievable,and I do a lot of fishing with the boat,so it’s totally worth it in my eyes

We are putting in all new Raymarine electronics now. Just installed the 2 bronze transducers yesterday for the RealVision 3D sonar. I am doing a 12” Axiom+ and a 9” Axiom at the helm. I plan on using the 9” display for the depth sounder. We got a Quantum2 doppler radar and the Evolution 200 autopilot. Just got my new VDO tachs back from Lauderdale Speedo today. They programmed them for the current engine hours and the proper tach pulses for my 6CTAs. Can’t wait to see if it all works together properly.

Raymarine FINALLY updated the app. It's now called RayConnect. Seems to connect a lot better, but still seems kind of buggy like the last app. Constantly disconnecting itself, SUPER ANNOYING!!!

I plan on buying the ev150 this spring,I have a Wagner t2 steering ram that is 9.8 cubic inch,and should be fine with the 150,my last boat had all raymarine electronics also and never had a problem with them,and the new real vision looks totally awsome in 3D

Last edited:
This will be our 5th boat with Raymarine. I have had really good support from them. I went with the EVO 200 even though a 150 would have been enough. There wasn’t much difference in price so I figured it would be better. Raymarine said it would be fine.

Back
Top Bottom