Rain X

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seevee

Guru
Vessel Make
430 Mainship
Anyone use RainX on Eisenglass or Strataglass? Will it harm?

Sure is a great product for windows repelling rain.

From the Strataglass website

NEVER:

• Use Windex, Rain-X, Pledge, Plexus, Simple Green, Orpine or any other harsh cleaner to clean Strataglass products. This will void the warranty.
  • Use a car wax or any kind of wash and wax to protect Strataglass products. This will void the warranty.
  • Use cleaners, polishes, scratch removers, or any products intended for commercial grade vinyl or plastic. This may damage the Strataglass and void the warranty.

Strataglass has their own cleaner.
I include a bottle on any job I do where owner requests / upgrades to Strataglas

I use Sumner 210 to wax the eisenglass. It is a spray on wax that will help the water drops to bead and run off. It works very well. First used it on some old cloudy eisenglass. I had tried Flitz and several others. All were a pain to use. The 210 just sprays on and wipe it off with a soft rag. Goes much quicker and I could actually see through much better after using the 210. A canvas fabricator in Cape May turned me on to it. I can do the entire flybridge enclosure in 45 minutes inside and out. The Flitz took hours and really didn’t help. No interest in product, just a very happy customer.

I use Sumner 210 to wax the eisenglass. It is a spray on wax that will help the water drops to bead and run off. It works very well. First used it on some old cloudy eisenglass. I had tried Flitz and several others. All were a pain to use. The 210 just sprays on and wipe it off with a soft rag. Goes much quicker and I could actually see through much better after using the 210. A canvas fabricator in Cape May turned me on to it. I can do the entire flybridge enclosure in 45 minutes inside and out. The Flitz took hours and really didn’t help. No interest in product, just a very happy customer.

Sounds like a good product. Will try it.... just like the wav RainX makes the water bead off. Looks like Sumner 210 will do same.... thx!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom