Raft up gone bad...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

7tiger7

Some of you may have seen this.. but still good for a laugh on a Friday!

:)

Glad none of us trawler-types were involved in such lack of seamanship.

Sea Ray guys; what can you say?

I'm getting a better sense of what you all*connote*with the expression*"Sea Ray guys."

-- Edited by markpierce on Saturday 5th of February 2011 12:11:30 PM

Further explanation. Sea Ray guys: bring money, buy boat, no experience necessary. I could go on and on.

"Bring money, buy (or have someone build) boat, no experience necessary."

And how is this different than most "trawler types?"

RickB wrote:

"Bring money, buy (or have someone build) boat, no experience necessary."

And how is this different than most "trawler types?"
No experience necessary is also true for anchors.* Wonder what they were trying to hold that group of boats with.* Looked like a pretty good current.* You may be able to get away with something like that raft up in a quiet, slack water lagoon.

Just an observation Rick. Can't say the same for trawler guys.

Quick question: *How many anchor lines are featured in the Trawler Forum Headder Raft up

Ha!!* you had to go up and look dint'cha.

SD

Saw the same thing happen to 20+ sailboats several years ago in Broad Creek with no current to speak of.* No one thought of the wind that might kick up, on sail boats, go figure.* Had to cut six or so loose because they only had a couple of anchors out for the whole group.* It doesn't take a Sea Ray to be dumb, although it does seem to help.

skipperdude wrote:

Quick question: *How many anchor lines are featured in the Trawler Forum Headder Raft up

SD

uh oh!!! *Maybe those are sea ray trawlers in the TF header pic?! *
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Not to bash on sea ray though- I even let some of my friends own a sea ray. *
smile.gif

Chapman says: "At a rendezvous several boats frequently lie to a single anchor.* Sometimes as many as ten or more boats RAFT together (rather too many for safety even in a quiet cove. ..."

Lost count on how many boats were rafted together in that video.* Certainly much more than 10, so it was too many by far.* And that surely was not in a quiet cove, but in an area of strong current.

Woodsong wrote:

skipperdude wrote:

SD
uh oh!!! *Maybe those are sea ray trawlers in the TF header pic?! *
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Not to bash on sea ray though- I even let some of my friends own a sea ray. *
smile.gif

Awe, com'on, Tony.* You brokers have to be soooo careful not to offend you next potential customer.* Just because SeaRays are probably the most popular boat on the Mighty Tennessee River, is no excuse to tread lightly.
smile.gif

charles wrote:
Don,
You mention Sea Ray and the Tenn. River, which brings to mind that I took my trawler all the up to the Sea Ray plant above Knoxville. To the uninitiated that is the end of navigation. I spoke to someone there who assurd me that the huge wakes caused by Sea Rays are not standard equipt from the factory, so that proves that it is "driver ignorance" in the wake department.
CCC
Oh, I see, Charles.* SeaRay offers the big wakes as an option.* It seems that most of their customers take the option.* Is the right of way all the time an extra cost option also?
smile.gif

-- Edited by Moonstruck on Sunday 6th of February 2011 06:48:19 PM

Moonstruck wrote:
Awe, com'on, Tony.* You brokers have to be soooo careful not to offend you next potential customer.* Just because SeaRays are probably the most popular boat on the Mighty Tennessee River, is no excuse to tread lightly.
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

Come to think of it Don, you would look pretty cool in a sea ray! *Maybe we can "upgrade" that blackfin of yours to a nice 340 or something.... *
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Woodsong wrote:

Come to think of it Don, you would look pretty cool in a sea ray! *Maybe we can "upgrade" that blackfin of yours to a nice 340 or something.... *
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
So that is why SeaRay has been after me to appear in their ads.* Sometimes I'm slow to catch on.* Thanks Tony.

PS:* Due to recently learned information, I will only appear on large boats.
smile.gif

One option that a lot of the Sea Rays have is young ladies in bikinis lounging around. I wish it had been offered on my boat.

Moonstruck wrote:

So that is why SeaRay has been after me to appear in their ads.* Sometimes I'm slow to catch on.* Thanks Tony.
smile.gif

Yes, well, sounds like the blackfin needs to be upgraded to a 52 Sundancer. *I happen to have a friend with one for sale. *I will tell him you are ready to buy!

smile.gif

Gulf Comanche wrote:

One option that a lot of the Sea Rays have is young ladies in bikinis lounging around. I wish it had been offered on my boat.
I checked into that.* It is a very expensive option.
smile.gif

It was too expensive for me to, but I was able to make a deal on Rosanne Barr lying on top of the pilot house in a thong.

That image will stay with you awhile.

Delfin wrote:

It was too expensive for me to, but I was able to make a deal on Rosanne Barr lying on top of the pilot house in a thong.
Delfin, when you get out into the Pacific, throw her overboard.* Sea Shepherd will save her!
no.gif

Woodsong wrote:

Moonstruck wrote:

smile.gif

Yes, well, sounds like the blackfin needs to be upgraded to a 52 Sundancer. *I happen to have a friend with one for sale. *I will tell him you are ready to buy!

smile.gif

Tony, remember, I said that I will only appear on large boats--------not buy them.* Make sure that he took the girls in bikinis option.
evileye.gif

Moonstruck wrote:Oh, I see, Charles.* SeaRay offers the big wakes as an option.* It seems that most of their customers take the option.* Is the right of way all the time an extra cost option also?
smile.gif

-- Edited by Moonstruck on Sunday 6th of February 2011 06:48:19 PM

I believe it (Big Wake)*is standard on all Sportfish over 55 feet*as well.

you guys are tough..

btw, this could have gone a lot worse, those guys swimming out to save their boats looked to be in trouble.

was that a tide current? it was really strong.

Delfin wrote:

* Rubber snakes won't keep the birds away, I'll bet not one would*come near*with Rosanne up there.
Steve W.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom