Quebec Chapter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vieil-Eau

Vessel Name
Vieil-Eau
Vessel Make
Artisanal Trawler made in 1945!
Hi. I'm the owner of Vieil-Eau. My name is Daniel Frigon. I'm a French Quebecer from East Canada. My old pocket trawler made in 1945 have 25 foot. Because my trawler is an old lifeboat who came from the boat named Ridelo who is be scrapped by Marine Industries in Sorel, Quebec, Canada in 1971.

I can read and talk a little bit in English. And I have an idea: because I'm living by the St-Laurence River in Champlain, close to Trois-Rivieres, I can see, every day, ocean ships who pass behind my house and in the summer a lot of yachts, cruisers, trawlers, etc. I want to know if we can made a Quebec Chapter in Trawler Forum.

And for my boat, the "resurrection" of Vieil-Eau took me 16 years because I was forced to buy it in September 2005. And because it was very bad stored by the ex-owner, its engine was sticked because its mechanical gas pump didn't work after that very bad storage... My engine is a Volvo Penta AQ130C 1969 made only from 1969 to 1975. It's a 4 cylinders with 130hp! Volvo Penta had stopped to made it maybe because that engine engine was maybe too good... Who knows?! So you just have to find used parts... And the closer place to find one used gas pump (at 250U$!) was in Florida. Too expensive and too far for me. I don't want to buy a used one before I see if it works. More years later, in 2018, I found on Internet, a retired marine mechanic guy who knows a lot Volvo Penta engines. He told me, I just have to change my mechanical pump for a new electric one made by Carter at 130$ Canadian!

So after this story..., I try to find Quebec owners of trawlers to maybe be able to made a Quebec Chapter to help each other. And a bilingual one to have more people who can be members.

Would you please send me a message that you can be interested in my idea. Thank you all and I wish you a very good 2021 with beautiful trips without problems! :thumb:

Hi. I'm the owner of Vieil-Eau. My name is Daniel Frigon. I'm a French Quebecer from East Canada. My old pocket trawler made in 1945 have 25 foot. Because my trawler is an old lifeboat who came from the boat named Ridelo who is be scrapped by Marine Industries in Sorel, Quebec, Canada in 1971.

I can read and talk a little bit in English. And I have an idea: because I'm living by the St-Laurence River in Champlain, close to Trois-Rivieres, I can see, every day, ocean ships who pass behind my house and in the summer a lot of yachts, cruisers, trawlers, etc. I want to know if we can made a Quebec Chapter in Trawler Forum.

And for my boat, the "resurrection" of Vieil-Eau took me 16 years because I was forced to buy it in September 2005. And because it was very bad stored by the ex-owner, its engine was sticked because its mechanical gas pump didn't work after that very bad storage... My engine is a Volvo Penta AQ130C 1969 made only from 1969 to 1975. It's a 4 cylinders with 130hp! Volvo Penta had stopped to made it maybe because that engine engine was maybe too good... Who knows?! So you just have to find used parts... And the closer place to find one used gas pump (at 250U$!) was in Florida. Too expensive and too far for me. I don't want to buy a used one before I see if it works. More years later, in 2018, I found on Internet, a retired marine mechanic guy who knows a lot Volvo Penta engines. He told me, I just have to change my mechanical pump for a new electric one made by Carter at 130$ Canadian!

So after this story..., I try to find Quebec owners of trawlers to maybe be able to made a Quebec Chapter to help each other. And a bilingual one to have more people who can be members.

Would you please send me a message that you can be interested in my idea. Thank you all and I wish you a very good 2021 with beautiful trips without problems! :thumb:
Bienvenue a bord, il y a quelques personnes du Quebec sur ce forum.

Welcome aboard! There are some people from quebec here on that forum.

L

Bienvenue a bord, il y a quelques personnes du Quebec sur ce forum.

Welcome aboard! There are some people from quebec here on that forum.

L

Hello, bonjour,

I am a french owner of a trawler currently berthed in sunny islands of Canary, west coast of Africa. I own also an house just in front of Saint Laurent River south of Quebec city ( may be for sale or rent...)but my permanent residency is in France, Normandy.
I am not allowed from last march 2020 to come in with COVID 19 regulations whatever I should present a negative test as I did to come back aboard in Canarias end of of 2020. My project is ( was??)to cross Atlantic, sail north of the Carribean, make the Great Loop and enter in Canada after hurricane season..I do not know, presently as many others how 2021 will be concerning travels, permission to clear customs etc..
Great idea to create this Quebec section, may be with both french and english languages!
I must admit that as an ex columnist, my french is definitely better than my broken english...
Peux tu m'envoyer un email?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom