Propane in Haines, Skagway, or Sitka?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DDW

Guru
Looks like the wife did too much baking - cookies, cinnamon buns, etc - and we are needing propane. Google reports propane suppliers some distance away in these towns, but Google doesn't know everything and people here do. What is the most convenient place of those three to fill up?

I need to fill my cylinder, not exchange it.

Tractor Supply ?

I’ll let you know if I see anything in Sitka. I assume you want a refill, not an exchange?

In Sitka it's across road from harbormaster. Not a long walk from the harbor.

Tom

Thanks all. The harbormaster in Haines agrees with Google that it is about a 0.9 mile walk each way. The harbormaster in Skagway agrees with Tom that it is not far, maybe 500 yards from their office (which is a little bit from the dock ramp). But calling that facility, you have to call to find out if someone is there before you start walking as he is there only intermittently - "can usually make it work". So I'll give that a try.

TT - let me know what you find out about Sitka. Yeah I want a refill in my fancy plastic bottle. BTW, we saw you a week or so ago coming in the Icy Strait from the Cross. We were headed up into Glacier Bay to watch it rain all week. Plan to be in Sitka by next weekend.

Ok, misread Tom's reply, Sitka, not Skagway. If Skagway looks too far I'll hold out for Sitka.

Petro Marine In Ketchikan has propane at both locations, Sitka might have it also, give them a call.

Propane in Sitka

Propane refills are available in Sitka at the north (adjacent to Eliason Harbor) Petro Marine fuel dock.

Thanks again for the info. I ended up walking in Skagway, 10 1/2 minutes (0.6 miles) each way - not too bad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom