prop nuts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chuck lenert

i need a set of prop nuts for 2 1/4 shafts or 1 3/4 - 5 left hand or reverse thread nuts as the nuts and the prop fell off the boat is 1991 kha shing 58 ft
any body have a source only up to about 50 phone calls

I am not sure, but McMaster Carr??? I am guessing you will need to know the exact thread type and pattern.

Any shop that does marine shafts. Any prop shop should be able to tell where one is.

I’ve bought prop shaft nuts from McMaster in the past. That would be the place I’d check first

i need a set of prop nuts for 2 1/4 shafts or 1 3/4 - 5 left hand or reverse thread nuts as the nuts and the prop fell off the boat is 1991 kha shing 58 ft
any body have a source only up to about 50 phone calls

McMaster Carr carries 1-3/4" - 8tpi in standard threads, but I don't see any reverse threads. Are you looking for stainless or bronze nuts?

It's possible you'll need to have them custom machined if even prop shops can't get them.

Contrary to many popular beliefs..The more narrow nut goes next to the prop, the larger one is the "keeper'

pete

Are reverse threads (LH) on prop nuts common? What about the case of counter rotating twins - is one side LH and the other side RH threaded? Just an inquiring mind …

Back
Top Bottom