Princess 3-Burner Replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When we purchased boat 10 years ago replaced beat up old 3 burner Princess with new, same model. It has been semi-junk from day one. Cover lid does not work properly and wiring is of very low quality. Top is so flimsy burners always at angles plus oven handle came off (repaired with 5200). First we've heard of this Force 10 but it looks good and will check it out. Thanks for the info.

I am searching for a set of burner drip pans for the Force 10/Princess 3 burner electric stove.

my experience has been, to buy them from a dealer, they are very expensive and made cheap.
Suggestions?

If you are "done" I get it.

I'm posting this story for others who may be looking for parts for their 3-burner Princess of this same vintage.

Our rebuild has worked out great. Propane instead of electric, but that doesn't matter. The vendor was great to work with, they have NEW parts for both. Details within the post.

https://shellerina.com/2022/02/18/another-galley-upgrade-rebuilt-stove/

https://shellerina.com/2022/02/18/another-galley-upgrade-rebuilt-stove/

I looked at the 2 URLs.... no luck
I did an internet search for shellerina---- no luck.
There is support for the gas stoves but not the electric.
Even did a search via defender.... parts support for gas but not the electric.
SHRUG

Yes and Yes. We found some burner pans at Target that can be made to work. They lasted about as long as the ones we purchased by mail from a dealer. They were a lot less expensive although no better quality. Of course, every time you change them, you can't clean them you just have to throw them away, you bend the very poorly designed burner receptacle so keeping the burners from tilting is difficult. At least that's been out experience.

I just completed, for the time being, converting the cooktop part of out Princess stove to an induction cooktop. After stripping everything to do with the burners except the dials (for the time being) then running a dedicated 120 cable from the AC distribution panel and connected that to the inverter subpanel. I had National Marine Exhaust make a filler to finish it.
I plan to make a new front panel that deletes the burner knobs, or a added cover that I’ll attach to the current glass. I’m thinking of having a line drawing of the boat etched into it. Then I’ll add a strip of LED’s under the filler lip and maybe another to light the name at the back.
The computer is determined to have the picture sideways, sorry.

(Rotated pic for you - Insequent)

Attachments

• D2DAE24F-EAEE-4A4E-A117-92233BDD08E0.jpeg
    D2DAE24F-EAEE-4A4E-A117-92233BDD08E0.jpeg
    25.9 KB · Views: 111
Last edited by a moderator:
One thing to consider is that a 3-burner RV propane stove differs from marine. Frankly, I prefer the RV version. It has two burners in the back and one in the front. That worked better for me.

This is my old stove:

StoveFire.jpg

Good luck.

What have you used for the oven.

Olddan1943, in my case I separated the circuits so that the induction cooktop has it’s own circuit and is connected to the inverter, and the over stayed on the original stove circuit. I’m going to make a piece of trim that will cover over the burner control holes.

Olddan1943, in my case I separated the circuits so that the induction cooktop has it’s own circuit and is connected to the inverter, and the over stayed on the original stove circuit. I’m going to make a piece of trim that will cover over the burner control holes.

Kept the original oven?

Sorry, I do not. You might contact Stingray Point Boatworks in Deltaville, VA to see if it is in their bone yard.

Only seeing posts from 2022.Anyone in Florida selling a Princess 120 volt electric stove /oven .Really love the Force 10 version but it’s too expensive for us .Thanks !

I had a Princess and replaced it with a Force 10, while anticipating ‘wonderful things.’ (3 Burner coil electric and oven) Reality set in. They turned out to be totally identical to each other. Same crappy oven control. Save your money and time.
The only recommendation I can recommend is using “Air Bake insulated baking sheets”. They seem to mitigate the oven temp swings.
I have considered an induction stove top but cannot find a suitable replacement for the oven.
This is a 30amp boat.

Last edited:
Dan, I feel your frustration. But I sort of like my Princess. I think it does pretty well for the limited power it draws. Sure, I'd love a home-sized unit, just as I'd like unlimited power. But it's a boat. Everything is a compromise.

The oven is really more like a toaster oven. I think the countertop oven I have at home is about the same size, with the same uneven heating. I'm unlikely to use either one for the Thanksgiving turkey, but both of them have their uses.

The best thing about the Princess (and I assume, the Force 10) is the dead simple construction. Everything on it can be replaced, most fairly easily. We use the grill and the microwave a lot more than the stove and oven anyway. Probably the Princess gets the most use when we have company overnight, and I make a big breakfast on my oversized rectangular griddle which uses the two front burners of the princess.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom