Presto Marine Dinghy Lifts-Info Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sum escape

Vessel Name
Sapphire
Vessel Make
Tiara 53 Fly
I received some information on this lift (XL-500 attached) and would like to get some feedback from anyone who has one installed. Durability, usability, etc. The marketing information all sounds great, but I have not been able to find any user references. Having all the hydraulic gear out of the water makes sense and using the current platform (with proper reinforcement) is desirable.
It will be installed on a new to us vessel currently being purchased. Thanks all.

Attachments

• PrestoMarine Brochure (1).pdf
    998.8 KB · Views: 74
We put a PrestoMarine XL 500 on the swim platform of our North Pacific 43 a year ago. So far it has met our expectations.

I have the Presto Lift xl 500

This might come a little late. I purchased the XL500R lift with the rail option, on 2/2020. The bearings used are needle bearings (not sealed bearings)and they are constantly in salt water so they are a problem(rebuild yearly); also, the hydraulic 1/4" hoses are not very durable @ 200 dollars a pop it is an expensive repair. Also their installer did not ground the hydraulic pump in my boat so it corroded in one year and they are asking over 5000 dollars to replace.
The fittings are 1/4 bspp and 1/8 bspp impossible to find in the us. I am having to buy the parts from Canada ( an extra 10% in taxes ) also shipping and handling 10% more

Thanks. I am seeing that bearing issue now. I rinse the bearing area regularly and spray with T9 but they are starting to bind. Then I need to WD 40 to loosen them to roll the dinghy back. Could you email me any info on the bearing replacement procedure/install? Thanks
Tvanhall01@gmail.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom