Old 08-21-2020, 03:41 PM   #41

City: West Med
Vessel Name: La Mer
Vessel Model: Fleming 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayM View Post
Another one of Badger anchored at Brim River in the glacial green water of Gardner Canal, north coast BC, Canada
And post #25, Stunning pictures of your boat anchored.
La Mer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 05:59 PM   #42
Guru

City: Bayview
Vessel Name: Puffin
Vessel Model: Willard Vega 30
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4532.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	106862
A fella made this digital portrait for us from one of our photos.
Old 08-21-2020, 07:14 PM   #43
Guru

City: Kitimat, North Coast BC
Vessel Name: Badger
Vessel Model: 30' Sundowner Tug
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Mer View Post
And post #25, Stunning pictures of your boat anchored.
Thanks. Both photos are of our boat looking to the east and the west in the same anchorage. My favourite spot on the coast so far. A real head scratcher on how to anchor (drying estuary flats which dive to deep water) but worth it

These two are from the same anchorage...the cliffs is looking north up the valley and the other is looking south across Gardner Canal.
Attached Thumbnails
Brim River sunset.jpg   Driftwood, Badger, Brim, Gardner.jpg  
Old 08-21-2020, 07:31 PM   #44

City: Key Biscayne
Vessel Name: Evenstar
Vessel Model: Beneteau ST44
Dry Tortugas National Park

Remote and peaceful
Attached Thumbnails
16AA5856-AA30-4480-9B19-0752D8DADF71.jpg  
Captmike55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 08:13 PM   #45
Veteran Member

City: Phuket
Vessel Name: TeoraTera
Vessel Model: Selene 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Mer View Post
Your sister is MD in Beziers? I bet she knows my friends’ relative who is urologist also owns and manages a private clinic in Beziers.

Our world grew smaller and larger at the same time: Smaller, because life moves faster than ever notably through much more rapid means of communication and transportation. Larger, because with globalization we got a larger vision of things, each of us became much more aware of those living outside "our own little world". It’s truly an amazing world, I love it.

Will try to load pics but my VPN is getting slow. Yesterday en route to Paros island. No meltimi wind. It’s a strong and dry northern wind that appears all over the Aegean from June to September.
Hi Jacques,

Hope your cruise to Paros went smoothly, cruising Greece is on my bucket list but I guess it will be for the next life, too many places to visit on my side of the world, 10 years ago I sailed down from Florida to Thailand in my sailing yacht but having not much time it was more a kind of delivery rather than a nice cruise so I would really like to cruise quietly to the marquesas, Fiji,...probably when my younger daughter goes to university in 7 years from now.
My Sister closed her ‘cabinet’ in Maureilhan and is now working full time in an ephad, my brother still has his ‘cabinet’ in Beziers but also working half time in an ephad.
Would be nice to get some pics from your travels in Greece. Meanwhile enjoy your cruising and if you ever plan to travel to Phuket, please let me know, would be happy to welcome you here. You can pm me if you want to exchange contact details
CaptainSEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 06:10 AM   #46
Guru

City: Saint Petersburg
Vessel Name: Weebles
Vessel Model: 1970 Willard 36 Trawler
Haul out day this week for a friend mine. 52 foot horizon power cat. St Pete FLClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200818_131325.jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	106887
mvweebles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 07:14 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSEA View Post
Hi Jacques,

Hope your cruise to Paros went smoothly, cruising Greece is on my bucket list but I guess it will be for the next life, too many places to visit on my side of the world, 10 years ago I sailed down from Florida to Thailand in my sailing yacht but having not much time it was more a kind of delivery rather than a nice cruise so I would really like to cruise quietly to the marquesas, Fiji,...probably when my younger daughter goes to university in 7 years from now.
My Sister closed her ‘cabinet’ in Maureilhan and is now working full time in an ephad, my brother still has his ‘cabinet’ in Beziers but also working half time in an ephad.
Would be nice to get some pics from your travels in Greece. Meanwhile enjoy your cruising and if you ever plan to travel to Phuket, please let me know, would be happy to welcome you here. You can pm me if you want to exchange contact details

Salut et merci beaucoup.

Sailing from FL to Thailand was such a long range trip, no doubt an unique experience.

French remote islands Les Marquises, la « Terre des hommes » of Paul Gauguin and Jacques Brel, what a beautiful destination. Behave, you may want to stay there, it has happened before on a number of occasions to many French sailors .

Have a look at the videos of Philippe Poupon and his wife Géraldine Danon aboard Fleur Australe,
https://www.fleuraustrale.org/

Philippe covered every ocean along with renowned sailors: Mike Birch, Marc Pajot, Laurent Bourgnon, Michel Desjoyeaux, Lionel Lemonchois, Florence Arthaud, Loïck Peyron, of course Eric Tabarly. Its very interesting video of Les Marquises provide us with the benefit of its vast experience and valuable advice.

Still no wind here in the Aegean sea what is exceptional at this time of the year, wonderful time beyond our expectations. Please check out pics on page #4 & 5

https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/...w-52446-5.html

I am going to share my contact information by PM, it would be delightful to meet in Pukhet among French seafarers when Covid permitting and to enjoy listening all your sailing adventures in the South East Asia and beyond. I will provide French champagne.

Bonne continuation, surtout bon vent et bonne mer.

Jacques
Old 08-22-2020, 07:31 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayM View Post
Thanks. Both photos are of our boat looking to the east and the west in the same anchorage. My favourite spot on the coast so far. A real head scratcher on how to anchor (drying estuary flats which dive to deep water) but worth it

These two are from the same anchorage...the cliffs is looking north up the valley and the other is looking south across Gardner Canal.

Yesterday looking at your boat anchored, the word I was trying to find in English was "spectacular".

Thank you for the pics. These cliffs remind me my drive years ago near the foothills east of the Rocky Mountains from Calgary to Canmore, also to Banff and Vancouver.

A classic hull, your boat looks very nice.
Old 08-22-2020, 08:42 AM   #49
Guru

City: Coupeville Wa.
Vessel Name: Pacific Myst
Vessel Model: West Bay 4500
Pics from two short local cruises. Approaching Cypress Island. And Pelorus at Captain Whidbey Inn with Mt. Baker in the background.
Attached Thumbnails
Approaching Cypress.jpg   Pelorus at Capt Whidbey.jpg  
Old 08-23-2020, 11:23 PM   #50
Veteran Member

City: Phuket
Vessel Name: TeoraTera
Vessel Model: Selene 80
Hi Jacques, just had a look at the pics on page 4 and 5, really looks fantastic, I definitely need to go there one way or another... I read you had your boat on cargo back and forth, unfortunately it would be too long and costly to do so from Phuket!!!, maybe in 8 years from now I can do a long cruise from Phuket to the med, it’ll depend on the Admiral....Again you are very welcome in Phuket with or without Champagne!!! Take care
CaptainSEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 11:21 PM   #51

City: La Conner, WA
Vessel Name: Adelaide
Vessel Model: 1983 Tung Hwa Clipper
Some great pics! My final picture of the thread was taken Sep 4th in Friday Harbor. Happy Labor Day weekend for those in the USA. Cheers to everyone else! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5551.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	107469
Adelaide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 12:35 PM   #52
Veteran Member

City: Campbell River, BC
Vessel Name: Kittywake
Vessel Model: 1992 Independent Shipwrights IS25
Victoria has been very quiet this summer without our American friends. Vic Harbour Authority docks more than half empty and majority of boats there when we visited were off-season monthlies that they allowed to stay for the summer. We were one of only a handful of transients.
Attached Thumbnails
20200729_213840.jpg   20200729_213951.jpg  
Old 09-07-2020, 12:59 PM   #53

City: Millport
Vessel Name: Alchemy
Vessel Model: Albin 40 Trawler
Ithaca NEW YORK. Cayuga Lake
Attached Thumbnails
20200907_101548.jpg   20200907_100904.jpg  
Zoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 02:12 PM   #54
Guru

City: Columbia City, OR & Mulege, BCS
Vessel Name: Imagine
Vessel Model: Farrell 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formosa View Post
Victoria has been very quiet this summer without our American friends. Vic Harbour Authority docks more than half empty and majority of boats there when we visited were off-season monthlies that they allowed to stay for the summer. We were one of only a handful of transients.
I hope to remedy that problema next year, hoy!

Haven't been on that dock since I crewed a fast boat in the race from Astoria to Vic years ago.
GoneFarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 02:59 PM   #55
Veteran Member

City: Campbell River, BC
Vessel Name: Kittywake
Vessel Model: 1992 Independent Shipwrights IS25
Our boats probably were built in the same yard as Barry Farrell worked out of the Independent Shipwrights sheds in Coombs, BC.
Old 09-08-2020, 11:41 AM   #56
Guru

City: Reedville, VA
Vessel Name: Wingspan
Vessel Model: Aluminum Catamaran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Cofer View Post
Attachment 106862
A fella made this digital portrait for us from one of our photos.
Good grief!! What a magnificent vessel!
Bkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 07:33 PM   #57
Veteran Member

City: Deltaville, Virginia
Vessel Name: Next Chapter
Vessel Model: 34' Marine Trader DC
nobles9596 is offline   Reply With Quote