Post your pictures!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Three 490's enjoy Tellico Lake and the Smokey mountains

Attachments

• 20200718_163422m.jpg
    20200718_163422m.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 2019 08 17_4166m.jpg
    2019 08 17_4166m.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 46
Renee &Gulls

Attachments

• Renee & Gulls.jpg
    Renee & Gulls.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 45
Anchored out for August at Collins Beach on the Columbia River.
IMG_0750.JPG

IMG_0800.jpg

From the Kalifornia Delta.

Great pics. Sunrise ?
I noticed a convenient crane for a tender on the Grand Banks 42’ Classic.

Her sister-ship yesterday afternoon heading to Paros island, Aegean Sea, Greece. Perfect weather.

Attachments

• 54AE0903-099C-4B2C-9D84-3A903FF66803.jpg
    54AE0903-099C-4B2C-9D84-3A903FF66803.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 45
The world is very small, both my sister and my brother graduated from the same old faculte de medecine. They are in Beziers and Maureilhan right now, for me after one year studying there, I gave up and pursued other studies.
I see that you are cruising in Greece, my older daughter, is currently in Kefalonia with her fiancé, waiting to move to New York after having worked in Brussels for the last 9 years. She is a dentist, implentologist. My younger daughter, born in Thailand, is just 9 years old...so due to school obligations my cruising schedule is limited to school holidays although being retired...

Your sister is MD in Beziers? I bet she knows my friends’ relative who is urologist also owns and manages a private clinic in Beziers.

Our world grew smaller and larger at the same time: Smaller, because life moves faster than ever notably through much more rapid means of communication and transportation. Larger, because with globalization we got a larger vision of things, each of us became much more aware of those living outside "our own little world". It’s truly an amazing world, I love it.

Will try to load pics but my VPN is getting slow. Yesterday en route to Paros island. No meltimi wind. It’s a strong and dry northern wind that appears all over the Aegean from June to September.

Attachments

• 13F41576-927D-4967-97F8-A6BB77A5984C.jpg
    13F41576-927D-4967-97F8-A6BB77A5984C.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Another one of Badger anchored at Brim River in the glacial green water of Gardner Canal, north coast BC, Canada

Attachments

• DSCF4451.jpg
    DSCF4451.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 52
Hopefully this is allowed...

Attachments

• xQBzweMvSXiujIzjSx3AZQ.jpg
    xQBzweMvSXiujIzjSx3AZQ.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 32
  • ftauqBI0RrO8O8IV-pq5XA.jpg
    ftauqBI0RrO8O8IV-pq5XA.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 35
Another one of Badger anchored at Brim River in the glacial green water of Gardner Canal, north coast BC, Canada

And post #25, Stunning pictures of your boat anchored.

IMG_4532.jpg
A fella made this digital portrait for us from one of our photos.

And post #25, Stunning pictures of your boat anchored.

Thanks. Both photos are of our boat looking to the east and the west in the same anchorage. My favourite spot on the coast so far. A real head scratcher on how to anchor (drying estuary flats which dive to deep water) but worth it :thumb:

These two are from the same anchorage...the cliffs is looking north up the valley and the other is looking south across Gardner Canal.

Attachments

• Brim River sunset.jpg
    Brim River sunset.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Driftwood, Badger, Brim, Gardner.jpg
    Driftwood, Badger, Brim, Gardner.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 40
Dry Tortugas National Park

Remote and peaceful

Attachments

• 16AA5856-AA30-4480-9B19-0752D8DADF71.jpg
    16AA5856-AA30-4480-9B19-0752D8DADF71.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 35
Your sister is MD in Beziers? I bet she knows my friends’ relative who is urologist also owns and manages a private clinic in Beziers.

Our world grew smaller and larger at the same time: Smaller, because life moves faster than ever notably through much more rapid means of communication and transportation. Larger, because with globalization we got a larger vision of things, each of us became much more aware of those living outside "our own little world". It’s truly an amazing world, I love it.

Will try to load pics but my VPN is getting slow. Yesterday en route to Paros island. No meltimi wind. It’s a strong and dry northern wind that appears all over the Aegean from June to September.

Hi Jacques,

Hope your cruise to Paros went smoothly, cruising Greece is on my bucket list but I guess it will be for the next life, too many places to visit on my side of the world, 10 years ago I sailed down from Florida to Thailand in my sailing yacht but having not much time it was more a kind of delivery rather than a nice cruise so I would really like to cruise quietly to the marquesas, Fiji,...probably when my younger daughter goes to university in 7 years from now.
My Sister closed her ‘cabinet’ in Maureilhan and is now working full time in an ephad, my brother still has his ‘cabinet’ in Beziers but also working half time in an ephad.
Would be nice to get some pics from your travels in Greece. Meanwhile enjoy your cruising and if you ever plan to travel to Phuket, please let me know, would be happy to welcome you here. You can pm me if you want to exchange contact details

Haul out day this week for a friend mine. 52 foot horizon power cat. St Pete FLIMG_20200818_131325.jpeg

Hi Jacques,

Hope your cruise to Paros went smoothly, cruising Greece is on my bucket list but I guess it will be for the next life, too many places to visit on my side of the world, 10 years ago I sailed down from Florida to Thailand in my sailing yacht but having not much time it was more a kind of delivery rather than a nice cruise so I would really like to cruise quietly to the marquesas, Fiji,...probably when my younger daughter goes to university in 7 years from now.
My Sister closed her ‘cabinet’ in Maureilhan and is now working full time in an ephad, my brother still has his ‘cabinet’ in Beziers but also working half time in an ephad.
Would be nice to get some pics from your travels in Greece. Meanwhile enjoy your cruising and if you ever plan to travel to Phuket, please let me know, would be happy to welcome you here. You can pm me if you want to exchange contact details

Salut et merci beaucoup.

Sailing from FL to Thailand was such a long range trip, no doubt an unique experience.

French remote islands Les Marquises, la « Terre des hommes » of Paul Gauguin and Jacques Brel, what a beautiful destination. Behave, you may want to stay there, it has happened before on a number of occasions to many French sailors :).

Have a look at the videos of Philippe Poupon and his wife Géraldine Danon aboard Fleur Australe,
https://www.fleuraustrale.org/

Philippe covered every ocean along with renowned sailors: Mike Birch, Marc Pajot, Laurent Bourgnon, Michel Desjoyeaux, Lionel Lemonchois, Florence Arthaud, Loïck Peyron, of course Eric Tabarly. Its very interesting video of Les Marquises provide us with the benefit of its vast experience and valuable advice.

Still no wind here in the Aegean sea what is exceptional at this time of the year, wonderful time beyond our expectations. Please check out pics on page #4 & 5

https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s36/anyone-cruising-right-now-52446-5.html

I am going to share my contact information by PM, it would be delightful to meet in Pukhet among French seafarers when Covid permitting and to enjoy listening all your sailing adventures in the South East Asia and beyond. I will provide French champagne.

Bonne continuation, surtout bon vent et bonne mer.

Jacques

Thanks. Both photos are of our boat looking to the east and the west in the same anchorage. My favourite spot on the coast so far. A real head scratcher on how to anchor (drying estuary flats which dive to deep water) but worth it :thumb:

These two are from the same anchorage...the cliffs is looking north up the valley and the other is looking south across Gardner Canal.

Yesterday looking at your boat anchored, the word I was trying to find in English was "spectacular".

Thank you for the pics. These cliffs remind me my drive years ago near the foothills east of the Rocky Mountains from Calgary to Canmore, also to Banff and Vancouver.

A classic hull, your boat looks very nice.

Pics from two short local cruises. Approaching Cypress Island. And Pelorus at Captain Whidbey Inn with Mt. Baker in the background.

Attachments

• Approaching Cypress.jpg
    Approaching Cypress.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Pelorus at Capt Whidbey.jpg
    Pelorus at Capt Whidbey.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 31
Hi Jacques, just had a look at the pics on page 4 and 5, really looks fantastic, I definitely need to go there one way or another... I read you had your boat on cargo back and forth, unfortunately it would be too long and costly to do so from Phuket!!!, maybe in 8 years from now I can do a long cruise from Phuket to the med, it’ll depend on the Admiral....Again you are very welcome in Phuket with or without Champagne!!! Take care

Some great pics! My final picture of the thread was taken Sep 4th in Friday Harbor. Happy Labor Day weekend for those in the USA. Cheers to everyone else! IMG_5551.jpg

Victoria has been very quiet this summer without our American friends. Vic Harbour Authority docks more than half empty and majority of boats there when we visited were off-season monthlies that they allowed to stay for the summer. We were one of only a handful of transients.

Attachments

• 20200729_213840.jpg
    20200729_213840.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200729_213951.jpg
    20200729_213951.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 27
Ithaca NEW YORK. Cayuga Lake

Attachments

• 20200907_101548.jpg
    20200907_101548.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 20200907_100904.jpg
    20200907_100904.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Victoria has been very quiet this summer without our American friends. Vic Harbour Authority docks more than half empty and majority of boats there when we visited were off-season monthlies that they allowed to stay for the summer. We were one of only a handful of transients.

I hope to remedy that problema next year, hoy!

Haven't been on that dock since I crewed a fast boat in the race from Astoria to Vic years ago.

Our boats probably were built in the same yard as Barry Farrell worked out of the Independent Shipwrights sheds in Coombs, BC.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom