Possible name for next boat...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
River that is a good one

I did not bother changing the name of our boat which was changed at least once by POs. If I were to change it, the name would be "Asahi II"...the Japanese word for "morning sun"....not the Japanese beer with that name. My father's wooden 16 ft Regal Line Lancer, circa 1956, was the original "Asahi" in our family.

Always thought asahi was an odd name for a beer, kind of like "morning vodka."

Our Crestliner tow behind runabout is "The Water Cooler"... where secrets and stories get told! :thumb:

Cause it don't get much better... maybe name of next boat... "The Copier"!

I Like!!

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art
Our Crestliner tow behind runabout is "The Water Cooler"... where secrets and stories get told! :thumb:

Cause it don't get much better... maybe name of next boat... "The Copier"!

I Like!!

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Other likely name candidates to stay in same bent of our Tolly's name... "The Office" and our Crestliner's name "Water Cooler":

Meeting Room / File Cabinet / Supply Room / Foyer / Rest Area / Massage Chair / Human Resource / Intern / Top Employee... an on ... and on ..... it goes!! LOL

Happy Boat-Name Daze! - Art :D

Being a GC, I thought about naming ours "Job Site"

Where are you?

I'm on The Job Site

Our previous boat was named Satisfaction. We named the dinghy Satis/fraction. Our current boat is named Magic, and our tender is named Merlin.

The dink should have been named, "I Can't Get No".:D

The best boat name i saw was "Unsinkable 2". makes me smile everytime i think of it.

Seems like a lot of tugs in this area name their boats after humans. I suppose that's too workaday and practical for us recreationals. ...

I'm with you, Mark. I've always liked the way the New England fishermen named their schooners. A lot of them were named for people of some significance in the owner's eyes. Some of the famous ones were Gertrude L. Thebaud, Elsie, Elizabeth Howard, Henry Ford. Then there were the more impressive names: Columbia, Mayflower, Puritan. And there were some fanciful names: Stiletto, Bluenose (slang term for a Nova Scotian).

Foss tugs have always been named for members of the Foss family: Garth Foss, Lindsey Foss, Wallace Foss.

I like some of the names of the lobsterboats we've seen on Prince Edward Island.

Attachments

• Name1.jpg
    Name1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Name2.jpg
    Name2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 101
  • Name3.jpg
    Name3.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 91
  • Lobster12.jpg
    Lobster12.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 92
Our first boat after we got married was named Segrab, simply our last name (Barge) pluralized and spelled backwards....:whistling:

Spitfire I... to and including... Spitfire IV

That was my dad's boats' names. Guess what he flew in WWII

I'd help him hand carve name and numbers, Gold Leaf Paint the carves, then... ten (10) coat Valspar varnish each boat's Philippine Mahogany transom plaque. Remember it like yesterday. We did number IV on our big dining room table; we'd also built and varnished the table too!

Last edited:
A couple more

Attachments

• name3.jpg
    name3.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 297
  • name4.jpg
    name4.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 351
Siestakey - Looks like he's been screwen that boat for a while... way she paunches out from rear makes it look pregnant! - LOL

"Yacht" of disgruntled lower level employee?? Already is, or soon to be ex!

attachment.php

Sure does Art

Being a GC, I thought about naming ours "Job Site"

Where are you?

I'm on The Job Site

Knew a building contractor who named his "Change Order" got a little unfavorable publicity about while working on some projects for the city government.

nice memory

Spitfire I... to and including... Spitfire IV

That was my dad's boats' names. Guess what he flew in WWII

I'd help him hand carve name and numbers, Gold Leaf Paint the carves, then... ten (10) coat Valspar varnish each boat's Philippine Mahogany transom plaque. Remember it like yesterday. We did number IV on our big dining room table; we'd also built and varnished the table too!

Sounds like a nice memory

Sounds like a nice memory

Tiz Great Memory! Thanks for mentioning!!

Dad used to frequent Spruce Head... early 1970's - 2000 +/-. Been there back when myself.

Dad's 1950 38' raised deck sedan (originally open sport fisher) with fly bridge may still be somewhere in those waters. I hope so! She was built at Brooklyn NY Navy Yard by master shipwright for himself. He built the pilot boats there too. If cared for that boat could easily be alive and in good shape today! I've only one tiny old picture of her with dad sitting in cockpit; not worth posting here. My brother probably has photos in his barn. He's got "Spitfire IV" name-board hanging on a wall.

Mid to latter 70's pops sold it out of Camden Harbor... Shermans Point Cove was where moored. Mom and dad sure are there for eternity. We spread their ashes into Penobscot Bay off the good ol' converted lobster boat "Betselma". https://www.camdenharborcruises.com/site/about/vessels

You see dad's boat throw her a kiss for me! Dad and I refinished that boat top to bottom throughout mid to late 1960's... she was a mess to begin with, and, she knows me well from many years of loven labor.

Distinguishing marks: Three oblong port holes each side of hull / Single Perkins diesel in center of salon floor / Mahogany lower cabin (was all varnished) with galley to starboard as entered, dinette to port... then head to stbd, closet to port... V-berth forward. / All joinery beautiful with broad rounded corners at each wall junction. / Cockpit interior walls horizontal slated approx. 3" x 5/8" planks with about 3/8" separation for air flow.

Happy Boaten Memories! - Art :speed boat:

A few weeks ago I saw a 50+ foot cruiser with the name "WHO" in huge letters across the stern. (Just checked...It's a 51' Navigator out of Port Orchard). Anyway, I'm sure you can make up your own Abbott and Costello emergency call. I'll get you started.

"Mayday, Mayday, Mayday"
"This is Seattle coast guard. Who is calling Mayday?"
"Yes we are."
"What is the name of your boat?"
"Who."
Etc, etc, etc, etc.

And also this from a trip to Maine...

Attachments

• Day8 009.jpg
    Day8 009.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 133
Good point Tonic?. Art, I guess most of us look back and wish we had taken and kept more pictures. She must have been an awesome vessel.

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Was thinking of "Knot Nice" as a possibility, until I Googled it.

Fetish and bondage sights. :nonono:

Ted

The most unusual name I have seen is a boat named after the numbers of the lottery a fella won in Washington state. It looked something like this:
12,46,9,17,23,32,14. I would like to hear that conversation on the vhf with the coast guard.

The most unusual name I have seen is a boat named after the numbers of the lottery a fella won in Washington state. It looked something like this:
12,46,9,17,23,32,14. I would like to hear that conversation on the vhf with the coast guard.

Maybe he can use a shorthand ... "This is A Bunch of Numbers, over."

In a book by Australian author Nick Earls(also a medico) an orthopaedic surgeon character had a boat named, say 381, (I forget the actual number), being the Medicare billing item number for a knee arthroscopy procedure, which was how he paid for the boat. The surgeon`s other trick was to write the item number in the water peeing off the side of the boat.
Not sure if this helps.....

I thought Rick Springfield should name his boat 867-53o9 and his dingy Jenny

Trying to find a name

My last name is True and my middle initial is B so we are thinking about "B True". What do you think? Any names you can come up with for True? I thought of "Trident True" but I am not sure it went over too big.

My last name is True and my middle initial is B so we are thinking about "B True". What do you think? Any names you can come up with for True? I thought of "Trident True" but I am not sure it went over too big.

True To Yourself

Back
Top Bottom