Piling Rollers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
So I have new steel pilings. I found the "in dock" rollers as I don't like the squeaking pilings as the dock moves up and down with the tide. I paid a little extra for UHMD rollers as they don't need grease.

Any advice on installing? 20201231_155754.jpeg20201231_155818.jpeg20201231_155822.jpeg

What no install instructions came with them?
First, wait for a no rain day, oh that’s right your way up North.
Your a fart smella, cut a bigger hole and use some serious lag bolts!

Rather easy!
Just tie a line around your aft port cleat.
Run it around the dock storage shed and back to the piling.
Cast off, then put the boat in gear and gun it!
:)

Grease the roller shafts and make sure there is some play between opposing rollers.

Have that setup on my winter slip on concrete pilings. Marine growth accumulates on the pilings and then gets between the piling and the roller. While the shellfish get crushed on low tides, part of the shell can remain on the piling. Hence the need for spacing between opposing rollers.

Ted

Grease the roller shafts and make sure there is some play between opposing rollers.

Have that setup on my winter slip on concrete pilings. Marine growth accumulates on the pilings and then gets between the piling and the roller. While the shellfish get crushed on low tides, part of the shell can remain on the piling. Hence the need for spacing between opposing rollers.

Ted
Thanks Ted. We are in fresh water, so not crunchy things. With UHMD rollers do you need to grease the rollers?

Oh and Custy, Jerry is bring a chainsaw!!!

Thanks Ted. We are in fresh water, so not crunchy things. With UHMD rollers do you need to grease the rollers?

Oh and Custy, Jerry is bring a chainsaw!!!

I don't know, but a compatible grease can't hurt anything. Ted

It finally stopped raining enough to install the dock rollers. I thought it would be an easy job. NOT!!

When I built the dock I must have thought I was a dock engineer! I used a lot of deck screws and galvanized lag bolts. I had to "disassemble" parts of the dock to trim it so the roller bracket would fit. Ended up being an all day job.

With the high water in the river, flood stage and lots of junk in the river and the winds over the past few weeks, I am very happy to have the new pilings with rollers!!:thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_8967.jpg
    IMG_8967.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8960.jpg
    IMG_8960.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 12
Well it keeps you working and out of the marine supply store...

Back
Top Bottom