Pex A expansion tool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm redoing the water system and have decided to use Pex A. The battery powered expansion tools seem rather expensive. I've seen manual ones for ~$100. Any Intel would be appreciated.

The reason for Pex A over Pex B is the crimper needs more room than I will have available for some areas.
I would simply purchase the battery powered tool then sell when I’m done with the job. You won’t recoup the full price but you’ll recover a good portion and the job will be much easier

You can just buy it and sell it when you’re done. It’s really easy to sell lightly used tools and you won’t lose a lot of money. It’s usually what I do when I need a tool that I won’t use after a job and in the end, often cheaper than renting. Plus you can keep it as long as you want…

I just received the Milwaukee 2474-22 Pex Expander Kit :thumb:

FWIW, I'm in the middle of a small PEX job at home. The whole system uses Watts crimp bands, so I'm continuing to use them. One thing I am reminded of is that you really need three hands, one to hold the fitting and crimp band in place, and two to position the crimp tool on the band and keep it in place and aligned correctly until you get started crimping it down. It's a PITA. The expansion fittings are SOOOO much easier to work with....

It's a bit frustrating but it is difficult sourcing Pex A in our area. I've been ordering from various websites getting necessary parts together.

I'm finding Supply House is a good source. So far I've placed orders with 4 different vendors

It's a bit frustrating but it is difficult sourcing Pex A in our area. I've been ordering from various websites getting necessary parts together.

Have you checked Ferguson plumbing? They're listed as a local uponor vendor in WPB.

b

Have you checked Ferguson plumbing? They're listed as a local uponor vendor in WPB.

b

I did look but they, as many others, appear to have limited supplies of Pex A. Pex B is just about everywhere even at Lowes and Home Depot.

You can just buy it and sell it when you’re done. It’s really easy to sell lightly used tools and you won’t lose a lot of money. It’s usually what I do when I need a tool that I won’t use after a job and in the end, often cheaper than renting. Plus you can keep it as long as you want…

Or buy a used one to start with and then sell it or keep it.

I did bite the bullet and found a new Milwaukee power expander

Back
Top Bottom