Passage to Panama

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubbachuck

I cross-posted this on Passagemaker.com - I hope this is not a no-no.* Let me know if it is.* They've been having some site problems so I posting here as a backup...

My wife and I are moving to Panama.* We have purchased some property in Bocas del Toro, and we are now proud owners of a 1972 60' cypress hulled shrimp trawler.* The trawler, coverted to live-aboard, is already in Bocas.

I need to find passage on a private vessel to (preferably) Limon, Costa Rica or otherwise Panama sometime between now and the end of November.* Is this a good forum for a request like this?* I can leave from any port.

As I'm new to the forum as a way to introduce myself I'll provide a link to my Panama blog - there's a link in the right column to our trawler the Rip Tide.* http://tinyurl.com/bubbac

So far as the passage is concerned, I have very little baggage but need to take a bird with me.* An airplane ride is too dangerous.

I will need some advice on how best to register our trawler - Stateside? Panamainan? It was last registered in Florida but its certificate expired several years ago.

Thanks!
Bubbachuck

Welcome Bubbachuck. Crossposting here is no problem. Good luck in your search and adventure.

Baker

Go to the SSCA board ,

Mostly rag baggers with under 40 ft boats , but they do leave the dock.
biggrin.gif

FF

-- Edited by FF at 05:09, 2008-09-23

Back
Top Bottom