Pacific Seacraft 38T

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
Currently Chartering
Anyone familiar with a Pacific Seacraft 38' trawler? Pacific Seacraft is a US sailboat company that built a 38' trawler for a while up until the company was sold in 2007. The new owner stopped making trawlers to concentrate on sailboats only. The quality of the build seems to be top notch and I was wondering if anyone here has any personal experience with them. I am getting ready to retire and move from Ca to the east coast and looking for a good boat to do the loop and this seems to check all of the boxes for us; big enough for my wife and me, small enough to easily handle and find dock space when needed. My wife has bad knees so I need to assume I will be single handling most of the time so the size is about right.

Thanks in advance for the help and advice.

There is one of these for sale in Bellingham. The Pacific Seacraft sailboats were designed by Creelock and are well thought of. Not sure of the power boat iterations.

As I understand it the trawler was designed by Bruce King

For many of the same reasons, I too considered the PS38 — high level of finish by the folks who built the early Nordhavn 40. My problem is with the cabin layout. Like most all trawlers of this size, the galley runs all along the port side of the salon, which leaves no room for companion seating, so on long trips your partner is confined to sitting at the sette, apart from the “action”. Either that or stand up in order to keep a look out ahead. For this reason alone, I have confined my interest to American and Nordic tugs, both of which have a small but proper “wheel house” designed for two.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom