Our new Egg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RonR

Guru
Vessel Name
Triton
Vessel Make
48' Golden Egg Harbor
Well after the last 9 months of boat shopping we finally made a purchase. What started out as a hunt for a nice clean Bayliner 3288 or 3888 and then made a turn for CHB Trawlers and a look at a beautiful Ocean Alexander (still one of my favorite boats) has come to an end.

We ended up North at Bananabeltboats (Amy is the best). And fell in love with a 40' Egg Harbor, it was a bit out of our price range so we kept looking. And then we found this 1971 Egg Harbor 33'. She has a short list of needed repairs and upgrades from the Survey completed by Charles Solarek (top notch man). But it has had a major refit including new engines, rebuilt trans, shafts, props, new vacuflush head, and a total rewire. The boats exterior has been well maintained and it has been under cover most of its life. The icing on the cake was that it came with a nice tender and a covered slip in the Port of Everett (2-3 year wait list). This year of Egg Harbor was its first year of a glass hull but it still retains a wood top. Its gas powered by twin 5.7's. It did not meet everything on my list as my list included owning that Ocean Alexander, but it did check most of my boxes and all but one of the wifes. I would like to thank everyone who gave us tips/advise along the way. We plan on getting a few items off the check list soon and get it out on the water for some end of season Salmon fishing. We are also planning a few trips up the San Juans and South Sound this spring. The Egg Harbors are rare on the West Coast, I have been told this is one of only 4 in the Port of Everett's 2300 boat fleet.

Attachments

• egg3.jpg
    egg3.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 73
  • egg2.jpg
    egg2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 70
  • eggs.jpg
    eggs.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 70
  • egg.jpg
    egg.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Congrats on your new boat. I like the sheer line.

She's gorgeous! I've always thought that the Egg Harbors were among the most beautiful sportfishermen...that lovely sheer, the simple, classic lines of the house...really pretty!

I grew up on the south Jersey shore very close to Egg Harbor Yachts and when I see one out here on the left coast I always have a little thrill of nostalgia. Yours is beautiful.

And with the bimini et. al., the boat is nicely covered for our northwest and coastal BC monsoons. Hope you use it lots off season and if my boat ever gets out of refit, maybe I'll run into you figuratively speaking of course.

Great hull, matched well with the small block chevy's. Keep after the house window seals, rot around the windows and aft bulkhead happen quickly.

All the best - Congratulations!

The Egg Harbors are rare on the West Coast, I have been told this is one of only 4 in the Port of Everett's 2300 boat fleet.

There's one in Bellingham like yours, but yours is nicer.:thumb:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom