Lou_tribal - thanks for the wonderful picture.
We are at the end of what turned out to be an end of season tour of the middle Chesapeake Bay - originally planned as a tour of the upper Bay. Due to a bit of weather, we ended up changing plans and our route was not efficient at all and we utilized marinaís more than we also had planned. Our destinations this week have been:
- Annapolis (Chesapeake Harbor Marina is home port) to Fairleigh Creek. Anchored for the night in this beautiful location and got in paddle boarding that evening and the next morning although a bit breezy.
- Fairleigh Creek to Cambridge. Hyatt Resort marina for 2 nights so my wife could enjoy the spa. Nice facilities there and no crowds at all. Jason at the marina was awesome.
- Cambridge to Dunnís Cove on Tighlman Island. Again a beautiful anchorage and more paddle boarding - just a beautiful day.
- Dunnís Cove to St. Michaels and stayed in the Harbor Inn Marina. We have anchored in St. Michaels before but again opted for a marina due to weather and Spa again for the boss. Harbor Inn was a wonderful surprise. Used their bikes to head to dinner at the Crab Claw and do a grocery / supply run.
- St. Michaels to Baltimore Harbor East marina. My wife has a meeting today at the Marriott so we fit that in our trip. Wind / weather made the bay crossing a bit entertaining.
- And today we will head to Rock Hall for a weekend at Osprey Point marina. This was our originally planned final destination and had already booked the marina because we thought we would be at anchor more the previous days. Plans do change donít they?
We will save Havre De Grace, Still Pond, Chesapeake City, etc. for another Bay adventure. Always something to look forward to......