The Oupsssss factor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I honestly have to question these video links. I'm not denying the accident happened. We can obviously see the footage. Let's assume the portion of the story regarding the intoxicated captain is true.

This story forces us to make one of two possible assumptions.

1) On a commercial vessel, the caption is solely manning the wheel and there is no able-bodied crewman on the bridge.

2) The bridge diligently followed orders to the letter and made no objection to being ordered to hold course with what would be an obvious outcome.

I'd be more inclined to assume that there is more to this story.

I honestly have to question these video links. I'm not denying the accident happened. We can obviously see the footage. Let's assume the portion of the story regarding the intoxicated captain is true.

This story forces us to make one of two possible assumptions.

1) On a commercial vessel, the caption is solely manning the wheel and there is no able-bodied crewman on the bridge.

2) The bridge diligently followed orders to the letter and made no objection to being ordered to hold course with what would be an obvious outcome.

I'd be more inclined to assume that there is more to this story.
Or the bridge was with the captain celebrating :)
Last year a commercial transportation vessel collided at full speed right in another one stationary in Mediterranean sea to the point where it was stuck in the hull of the stationary one. Apparently there was no one at the wheel, go figure...

L

Back
Top Bottom