Otters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nail boards.
I tried just doing the perimeter, but have had to add, so that now 100% of the surface of the swim grid on the starboard side is covered and I have more boards ready to go on the port side tomorrow. An hour ago a family of otters approached and one leaped up onto the swimgrid. his positioning wasn't completely visible to me, but I think he landed on a nail board. At first it looked like it might be a failure, but within a few seconds, he left and took the rest of the family with him.
I used 2"brads in a 3/8 plywood base. Tied on with string.
So far the best remedy.
Thanks all for your suggestions.
Only a few more days of this, then I can move Retreat from the mooring bouy to an otter free dock.

Nail boards.
I tried just doing the perimeter, but have had to add, so that now 100% of the surface of the swim grid on the starboard side is covered and I have more boards ready to go on the port side tomorrow. An hour ago a family of otters approached and one leaped up onto the swimgrid. his positioning wasn't completely visible to me, but I think he landed on a nail board. At first it looked like it might be a failure, but within a few seconds, he left and took the rest of the family with him.
I used 2"brads in a 3/8 plywood base. Tied on with string.
So far the best remedy.
Thanks all for your suggestions.
Only a few more days of this, then I can move Retreat from the mooring bouy to an otter free dock.

Carpet tack strips are cheap and worked well for me with otters and skunks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom