Only in Florida!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Donsan

Guru
Vessel Name
No Mo Trawla
Vessel Make
Hurricane SS188
This morning, we took a quick jaunt down I-95 to Stuart to take a look at an Endeavour 44'. On the way down, there was an advertising sign that said "Used Cows for Sale". Sorry, no phone number was provided and we went zipping by too fast to grab a pic.

I know the sign, they sell frozen beef.

So I guess the sign is accurate, do they not sell beef in other states??

:rolleyes:

This morning, we took a quick jaunt down I-95 to Stuart to take a look at an Endeavour 44'. On the way down, there was an advertising sign that said "Used Cows for Sale". Sorry, no phone number was provided and we went zipping by too fast to grab a pic.
Saw the sign Monday. Had me wondering how old a cow had to be before it was considered used. Also wondered what they used it for.

Ted

Google "Used cow for sale" there are posts from people all over the country commenting on signs like the one mentioned in the OP. folks wondering what a used cow is, I'm guessing it is a milk cow not producing any more and ready to be turned into McDonalds burgers?

I get a kick out of that sign everytime I pass it. I thought it was art since there's no contact info and is posted literally in the middle of nowhere. Back in the 70s as an art student in Atlanta I posted signs all over town that said "Blue Cheese Thank You".
Ed Rusha did a series of painting with just sayings for years.
The sign makes me say :"what, versus new cows, and isn't a new cow called a calf?" Hence-art. Free beer tomorrow with a country twist.
BTW -at the next exit if you turn left it goes to White City, turn right and there's an Indian reservation. And the name of the road is Midway.:)

Last edited:
I'm guessing it is a milk cow not producing any more and ready to be turned into McDonalds burgers?

:thumb: I live in dairy country and "used cows" are sold around here often. Don't try to get steak from one but if you are in need a large freezer full of hamburger they are a good buy. Back when we had a house full of kids and not much money at the end of the month we'd go 50-50 with a friend who had a house full of kids too.

Try explaining to a young "city girl" wife how it is possible to buy 1/2 a cow :D

Well, what did you think about the Endeavour?

It had a lot of interior space, decent headroom and a lot of deck space. I am 6'5". The headroom in the head was a little low but no problem in the shower. The decks were higher than I was expecting and best access is from the stern. Visibility was excellent. The master stateroom had a king bed which is rare. The interior seemed a little bland but functional. Not sure what kind of wood they used but it wasn't very warm. It might have been plastic. The overall fit and finish wasn't that great.

The engine rooms are under the beds in the guest staterooms but not too difficult to access. Like most powercats, they are tight but the fuel filters are accessed from the cockpit. Funny, neither the broker nor I could figure out where you fuel it.

We didn't do a sea trail.

The beam was a concern before we looked at the boat and continues to be the main issue. When we got home, we called a local marina about availability of a slip on annual contract. They said their 50' slips were 19' wide and they would have to put it in a 60' slip and charge at a 55' rate. Didn't bother to call Harbortown in Fort Pierce.

Overall, it seemed like a good value for the amount space you get and the age of the boat but the overall quality seemed average at best. Many of the other powercats are priced at almost twice what the Endeavours sell for. It is a real nice family boat but overkill for a cruising couple.

I meant Ed Ruscha.

I try to limit myself to boat driving while doing that.

Hey.....there's no law against it!!!

Do you use a straight razor? Do you take sea state into account when scheduling. Do you have a steady hand or do you need a couppla drinks to steady out? Just curious.

Do you use a straight razor? Do you take sea state into account when scheduling. Do you have a steady hand or do you need a couppla drinks to steady out? Just curious.

:D :thumb:

Al

Pelosi's used straight razor per chance? Speaking of used cows -------

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom