In one sentence, what made you change boats (or buy another).....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last boat was a battle waggon sportfisher. I was tired of going everywhere fast, but that boat didn't have the comforts necessary to make slower travel enjoyable. For starters, the helm was on the flying bridge, so the helmsman got lonely on long passages. The current boat has a pilot house, which is used 90% of the time. (It also has wing stations on the portuguese bridge, which get used a lot, and tower and flybridge helms. The flybridge is used the least.)
This boat also carries 2,300 gallons of fuel, giving enough range to go about anywhere. Apropos of another thread, it is stabilized so the ride is pretty good. Lots of amenities, so traveling (except in really bad conditions) is always a pleasure. Last boat's OSR was forward, this boat it is midship. And of course there is the standup engine room, with great access to the outboard sides of both engines.

When I got tired of heeling, listing, capsizing (sunfish), and driving other peoples boats and became financially prosperous enough (almost) I bought a trawler. (well, you put the one sentence constraint on it!)

When I got tired of heeling, listing, capsizing (sunfish), and driving other peoples boats and became financially prosperous enough (almost) I bought a trawler. (well, you put the one sentence constraint on it!)

Wifey B: A+:)

We were perfectly happy with our last boat until this one came along at a price we couldn't pass up.

My wife didn't want the heeling any more, so the sailboat had to go.

The Admiral & Capt agreed it was the best fit for our needs & wants.
Note: we both loved our previous boat (28' Carver Riviera) as it did very well w/ our list... but we did better w/ the newer one.
While initially against a trade Admiral now boasts "it was the right / best move we've made" :thumb: :whistling: :iagree:

Musts
Hardtop - NO canvas
Light & airy - large opening windows - - No vinyl
Wide & safe walkarounds
Covered cockpit
Tuna door / comfortable swim ladder
Separate shower
6-4-2 Comfort - 6 cocktails, 4 dinner, 2 o'nite
Easy handling - single hand if/when necessary
Fit for canal travel (Flybridge a negative)
Gennie

Pluses (wants) we didn't even realize we valued as much as we found
Helm door +++
Hard doors +++
Engine rm space & access +++
A/C +
Slowing down a + vs a -

Keeping with the one sentence mandate:

We wanted to be up out of the cave, have a boat we could spend weeks/months on, with diesels, and all the entertaining and food prep on one level, with two helms, three staterooms and two head with stand up showers. Oh, and diesels.

Keeping with the one sentence mandate:

We wanted to be up out of the cave, have a boat we could spend weeks/months on, with diesels, and all the entertaining and food prep on one level, with two helms, three staterooms and two head with stand up showers. Oh, and diesels.

Wifey B: At least I didn't do a "one word" mandate. :D

I think this thread is interesting as we see why people changed. One thing too is it might be a bit of a warning in boat selection and help some avoid having to make a change.

My definition of feeding six:

Actually five in this instance.

Back
Top Bottom