Onan Heat Exchanger Gasket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Juliet 15

Vessel Name
Knot Hours
Vessel Make
Hatteras 58 LRC
I went to replace my Onan 15kw heat exchanger gaskets today and found the parts manual doesn't break it down that far. It's the entire heat exchanger or nothing.

Tried calling 3 places that showed up on a Google search and all of them said we don't stock those.

Anyone have a source they care to share? Or do I just buy a sheet of rubber 1/8" thick and make my own?

Many are standard sizes if you're referring to a round end cap gasket. Approach it from that angle rather than an OEM perspective. My Westerbeke uses a standard 3" diameter gasket with a 3/8 center hole, with an O-ring on the bolt. I found one at a marine engine supply house that stocked a number of standard sizes.

If that fails, I imagine you could cut your own.

Thanks. I'll give that a shot. I was just surprised that are relatively well known manufacturer parts were unavailable at so many places.

Some Northern Lights use the same exchanger gaskets as the Onan. Cutting your own works also. I think I currently have one of each in my Onan exchanger.

Which model? MDL3 or MDJx? MDJ usually uses Sen-Dure HX, can get or make cap gaskets based on size. MDL series uses a gasket set unique to that machine, and it is not supported well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom