old skipper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am 43 and almost was forced to give up before we had even started a year or so ago. Health can be a fickle thing and is far from age dependent.

In our case once the medical junk was in my rear view mirror I started looking forward through the windshield of an Owens. Our Owens is capable of a Loop trip in relative comfort if we so choose, perhaps a crossing to the islands in the right weather window.

My grandmother got around well enough that had I owned a boat she would of enjoyed it into her early 90's. Her mid 90's where not as kind when I lost her to altziemers disease.

Age is only a number, it's your general mental and physical health that matters. Buy a boat with a windlass, pod steering and thrusters and the doggone thing will almost dock itself, which is the most trying part of recreational cruising for most. At least physically speaking anyway.

One of our predicted log racers will be 99 this year. He came in 5th place out of 12 boats yesterday.

So is it your age, the kind/type of boat you want to buy and/or spending there inheritance?:confused:

Most younger people like go fast and sleek boats. My children would be very happy if we sold the ugly old slow trawler and bought a 30 to 40 go fast boat they could use. :nonono: The do come and use the run about and Livingston most weeks, and even have trailer them on their vacations. Now that they are older, have children, and some common sense, we don’t mind too much! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom