Old Forum Members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah...not quite correct. You can discuss anchors all you like. I enjoy a good anchor discussion with the best of them. It's anchor 'wars' we want to discourage, that's all.

Benn, have you been following Panope Steve's excellent 'Anchor setting videos' thread for example..? :thumb:

Pete

I'd like to say that Panope Steve's "anchor setting" many, many clear video reviews of numerous different brand anchors is the most informative and overall the most useful thread on TF. That thread and its videos should be reviewed by all boaters... old-salts and newbies alike.

I believe that Steve's thread should become a "sticky".

Having spent decades on and in the water and being an avid swimmer/diver and having a few times been swimming outfitted on the bottom to actually watch "Danforth - Style" anchors in process of setting (btw, Danforth style is by far and away my favorite, trusted anchor design) I have seen first hand and do already know what Steve is showing regarding "first-setting" of anchor... but... Due to Steve's ingenious camera-capture video capabilities, his several in-depth maneuvers of varied force-level-pulls against an anchor as well as his accurate representations of different scope %ages and boat angle reversals from wind/current = Steve's anchor-capability videos being simply outstanding.

I vote for Steve! - whatever that means!! - LOL :D

Last edited:
One of my hobbies is WWII aviation history, and there was a very good forum called "Lancaster Archive Forum". A strange name, I know but it had several RAF and RCAF veterans and there was a lot of great content.
Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Hi Jim, delighted to see I'm not the only WW2 aviation nut here. Check out (113squadron,com) if you get bored for something to do. I built this site and others over a decade ago to capture this important history.

Unlike your Lancaster site that absconded with all that priceless history the veterans submitted, mine was a labour of love with the sole goal that the veterans stories be captured before it was too late and to make it available to the public for all the generations to come.

It was a massive undertaking and I'm too old and addle minded to keep the sites active anymore so I shut down the connected forums but the information and history within the web sites will remain forever.

Capt Kangeroo said:
It was a massive undertaking and I'm too old and addle minded to keep the sites active anymore so I shut down the connected forums but the information and history within the web sites will remain forever.
And so it should be that your labour of love is easily reached by all.

http://www.113squadron.com/

Last edited:
Hi Jim, delighted to see I'm not the only WW2 aviation nut here. Check out (113squadron,com) if you get bored for something to do. I built this site and others over a decade ago to capture this important history.

Unlike your Lancaster site that absconded with all that priceless history the veterans submitted, mine was a labour of love with the sole goal that the veterans stories be captured before it was too late and to make it available to the public for all the generations to come.

Just for S&G I'd like to add in that my Dad went into the war before U.S. entered... by joining the RCAF. He flew Spitfire planes as photographic reconnaissance. i.e. a "Photo Freddie". Soon after U.S. joined the war he became pilot for the Navy. Flew wounded shoulders state side. Met my mom, "Honey", a nurse. The rest is history. As I grew-up, many a war story I've heard from both of them.

Back
Top Bottom