Old Bahama Bay dockage - tender

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

k9medic

Vessel Make
420AC Sea Ray
Good day all,

I posted this question on a different forum but didn't get much of a response. Probably because most of the folks on that forum don't actually boat, they would rather run their mouths...

I'm headed to the Abacos in Jul and will be pulling a 16' tender behind me. Does anybody know if Old Bahama Bay in West end charges for the tender?

They have a 30' minimum and paying an additional $90 for the night would not cut it.

Thanks!

I wouldn't be surprised, they charge you $15 per day for water even if you don't use it.
They might even charge you the $15 for your tender :)

Good day all,

I posted this question on a different forum but didn't get much of a response. Probably because most of the folks on that forum don't actually boat, they would rather run their mouths...

I'm headed to the Abacos in Jul and will be pulling a 16' tender behind me. Does anybody know if Old Bahama Bay in West end charges for the tender?

They have a 30' minimum and paying an additional $90 for the night would not cut it.

Thanks!
Was there in Dec for 4 days
I tow a 15 ft tender and was not charged the slip was wide enough to put it on the side of my 42ft trawler

Just noticed you are in a Sea Ray. Why not go right to Lucaya there are a number of marina options in several other channels in that area. You can then move further east and go through the Grand Lucayan Canal and get to the sea of Abaco that way.

If you want to avoid Marina fees altogether, check in at West End then go down the south coast just a few miles to the excellent anchorage in an undeveloped canal system, then head to the Grand Lucayan Canal the next day.

That may work. I'll have two other boats following me over (they've never been) and one of the boats is staying at a friend place on the waterway for a few days.

I have always gone the Memory Rock/ Great Sale Cay route and stayed off Great Sale. I have the ability to run 16-17Kts. but will go over at trawler speed since one of the boat following is a great harbor.

What are the depths like on the north side of the waterway?

I don't mind paying for my big boat slip but to get hit with an additional fee for the tender would just be too much.

Well I looked at AC and it appears that going around will add at leas another 3-4 hours to the trip so I;m back to West End.

That may work. I'll have two other boats following me over (they've never been) and one of the boats is staying at a friend place on the waterway for a few days.

I have always gone the Memory Rock/ Great Sale Cay route and stayed off Great Sale. I have the ability to run 16-17Kts. but will go over at trawler speed since one of the boat following is a great harbor.

What are the depths like on the north side of the waterway?

I don't mind paying for my big boat slip but to get hit with an additional fee for the tender would just be too much.

Coming out was about 5'6" at high tide in April 2017. All sorts of places to drop the hook or tie to trees to wait for high tide.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom