Okeechobee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The red tide was along the western shore of FL.Not in Lake O

Mostly caused by iron laden sand dust blowing from Africa.

We are a mile short of the Ortona Lock when westbound.

Have a modest amount of power woodworking equipment if you wish to dock overnight , free of course.

A little late to the party but Africa remains off the eastern shore of Florida. Don't know about Africa's effect on the Gulf. Don't mean to be unctuous . Possibly a typo or oversight. Yes/No?

A little late to the party but Africa remains off the eastern shore of Florida. Don't know about Africa's effect on the Gulf. Don't mean to be unctuous . Possibly a typo or oversight. Yes/No?

No typo. Here is a link to an article on how iron rich dust from the Sahara affects Red Tide in the GOM. Red Tide.

Saw this thread. Came through April 21. No noticeable issues and I am a rookie through Okeechobee. Depths shallow leaving Clewiston going West to East. But once in the middle of Okeechobee, 8-10 foot. I was more scared because of the horror stories, but no ground-related incident. (I lost an engine for mechanical reasons, but not the lake’s fault unless bad Karma counts),

Saw this thread. Came through April 21. No noticeable issues and I am a rookie through Okeechobee. Depths shallow leaving Clewiston going West to East. But once in the middle of Okeechobee, 8-10 foot. I was more scared because of the horror stories, but no ground-related incident. (I lost an engine for mechanical reasons, but not the lake’s fault unless bad Karma counts),
Ben, what was the lowest you saw and where?

Ben, what was the lowest you saw and where?

3.8 outside Clewiston. But new boat to me, no chance to check calibration or offset. Think I might have an extra foot built in.

I went around the Keys starting May 1st. I didn't like the 5.1ft control depth on Route 1. Funny though, inside the Keys there are several 5.5 spots. Went outside at Miami and in at Lake Worth to avoid all the bridges. Got almost 2 knots from Gulf Stream 3 miles offshore.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom