OK, whatdidyaget, Whatdidyaget!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A goat, a wheelbarrow, and a solar well water pump for a family in Africa.

I got so many things for Christmas, I cant remember them all.
Fuel Polisher
New Sat Radio
Stainless Lobster for the Fridge. (work in progress)
Analog gauges for the generator
2 more air horn trumpets for a total of 3. The Queen Mary has nothing on me.
Amp meter in the galley to prevent surprises when cooking on my 30amp boat
A 3# can of Sanders' Hot fudge from my brother. Gotta try it to know how great it is. Women have been known to get naked for the second helping of ice cream and hot fudge (But that's another story)
and as my tradition, 15 bikes donated to the Salvation Army for their distribution to young people.

Daughter's boyfriend got me a very nice brass compass in a nice wooden display box. It's going on the ledge under the window or in the bookcase. Haven't decided yet. If it goes in the bookcase, I'll probably want to install some LED lighting to show off the contents.

Wifey B: Wow....smart boyfriend. He's all in now. Daddy in law was bought signed and sealed. :rofl:

Wifey B: Well, tonight is Christmas Eve and tomorrow is Christmas for us at home in FLL. We have a regular schedule and Christmas Eve and Christmas morning is always spent at the orphanage in NC. All the kids plus many alumni and so wonderful. You ever watched 120 kids or so open presents and smile in joy at what their brothers and sisters get too. All still (by rules) believing in Santa Claus. Presents stop if you ever say anything otherwise. ;)

Then it's to Myrtle Beach to parents and sister we adopted there and our wonderful niece and they come home with us after. We skyped and watched a group of 20 or so have Christmas dinner in our home on Christmas Day. Our extended family gathered. Now tonight and tomorrow we'll be swarmed by people we love so much. We arrived home to a beautifully decorated home as hubby gives all the girls an unlimited budget and they exceed it. But the real fun is them all together doing it. They love it. They love the closeness. See, in our world and extended family, some have wonderful families but so many like my hubby and me don't and have created their own families.

My wonderful niece Aurora has it all figured out. She's labelled everyone who will be here as her cousins and don't anyone dare try to tell her otherwise. For those of you with family created by birth and genetics, then you're very lucky. We created our own and we're also very lucky. :D

We greatly restrict gifts as others have mentioned. The last thing in the world we want is people spending money on us. Any large gift we give in privacy and secrecy. We do give personal gifts to each other but the expensive gift is something we select together. To us the holiday is all about time with those you love and it's so wonderful. Because we have Christmas as a later date at our home too, all those with their own great families can be together on normal Christmas Day and then all join us too.

Right now we're getting ready for a barrage of people to his around 6:00 pm but meanwhile we have two five year olds playing together and lots of post teens, now early 20's, running around laughing and giggling. God we're so ^%@$@ lucky. :D

As to boating presents, none for me but bought Aurora and Juliet new stylish PFD's they love. Now, guess sort of one post Christmas present coming up as in January we're going to Italy for about a month and one of main purposes is to finalize purchase of a boat there. A fast boat. Oh I do like speed. :hide:

A new paddle for the dinghy from my Wife.
I will need to move a couple items to make room in the salon but that's where it is going.

Very nice. TOO nice to use.

For a few years I’ve been telling everybody not to get me anything because I have everything I need and space on board is limited.

My favorites were a CA Fishing License with 2-rod authorization and sturgeon tags and an Amazon Prime membership for the year. The license fits on the boat just fine.

Last edited:
Wifey B: Well, tonight is Christmas Eve and tomorrow is Christmas for us at home in FLL. We have a regular schedule and Christmas Eve and Christmas morning is always spent at the orphanage in NC. All the kids plus many alumni and so wonderful. You ever watched 120 kids or so open presents and smile in joy at what their brothers and sisters get too. All still (by rules) believing in Santa Claus. Presents stop if you ever say anything otherwise. ;)

Then it's to Myrtle Beach to parents and sister we adopted there and our wonderful niece and they come home with us after. We skyped and watched a group of 20 or so have Christmas dinner in our home on Christmas Day. Our extended family gathered. Now tonight and tomorrow we'll be swarmed by people we love so much. We arrived home to a beautifully decorated home as hubby gives all the girls an unlimited budget and they exceed it. But the real fun is them all together doing it. They love it. They love the closeness. See, in our world and extended family, some have wonderful families but so many like my hubby and me don't and have created their own families.

My wonderful niece Aurora has it all figured out. She's labelled everyone who will be here as her cousins and don't anyone dare try to tell her otherwise. For those of you with family created by birth and genetics, then you're very lucky. We created our own and we're also very lucky. :D

We greatly restrict gifts as others have mentioned. The last thing in the world we want is people spending money on us. Any large gift we give in privacy and secrecy. We do give personal gifts to each other but the expensive gift is something we select together. To us the holiday is all about time with those you love and it's so wonderful. Because we have Christmas as a later date at our home too, all those with their own great families can be together on normal Christmas Day and then all join us too.

Right now we're getting ready for a barrage of people to his around 6:00 pm but meanwhile we have two five year olds playing together and lots of post teens, now early 20's, running around laughing and giggling. God we're so ^%@$@ lucky. :D

As to boating presents, none for me but bought Aurora and Juliet new stylish PFD's they love. Now, guess sort of one post Christmas present coming up as in January we're going to Italy for about a month and one of main purposes is to finalize purchase of a boat there. A fast boat. Oh I do like speed. :hide:

Your life of giving sounds simply wonderful! :thumb:

Please share some of the really cool photos. :dance:

God Bless and Happy New Year! :D

Art and Linda

ACR lifejacket strobe.

Your life of giving sounds simply wonderful! :thumb:

Please share some of the really cool photos. :dance:

God Bless and Happy New Year! :D

Art and Linda

Wifey B: No photos allowed. :)

I think the one thing that is different about us vs. many we've met is we do fully understand and appreciate how fortunate we are so every day is a good day, we're incredibly happy with our lives, and we're always aware of those so much less fortunate. Like everyone, we could do so much more than we do, but we do try to keep our lives balanced.

But our life is wonderful. To deny that would be so wrong. To complain, even about our childhood or times when we were so fortunate, would seem so disingenuous and unappreciative.

The people we're surrounded with bring us more pleasure than they know. I don't think we can ever adequately express the happiness they bring us. :)

Wifey B: No photos allowed. :)

I think the one thing that is different about us vs. many we've met is we do fully understand and appreciate how fortunate we are so every day is a good day, we're incredibly happy with our lives, and we're always aware of those so much less fortunate. Like everyone, we could do so much more than we do, but we do try to keep our lives balanced.

But our life is wonderful. To deny that would be so wrong. To complain, even about our childhood or times when we were so fortunate, would seem so disingenuous and unappreciative.

The people we're surrounded with bring us more pleasure than they know. I don't think we can ever adequately express the happiness they bring us. :)

Uh Huh

A new paddle for the dinghy from my Wife.

I will need to move a couple items to make room in the salon but that's where it is going.

Gorgeous! Where was it made/carved?

Just a guess, but is it a depiction of a bear transforming into a sea bear? Looks like a bear head without fangs transforming into a salmon like head, but still has claws on what looks like a fin...

Would like to change my guess from a fish to a whale...just noticed how the black form lines break on top of its head, which I think is the beginning of a blow hole.

Satan brought me a battery-powered set of power tools for the boat. A 7-pack of Porter-Cable (the cheap ones because when they end up at the bottom of the river, you don’t want the nice stuff down there). Circular saw, jig saw, reciprocating saw, oscillating saw, impact drill, regular drill, and a stoopid flashlight that is junk. Now I can work more efficiently without having to lug (or remember to lug) my corded tools back and forth from home.

OH I ALMOST FORGOT— Hickory Farms! Satan brought me my most favoritestest thing in the whole widey word! A Hickory Farms meat and cheese sampler! Total score for Tom!

Which is it Santa or Satan??

Wife and I don’t celebrate Xmas, but her birthday was today, the 28th, and she got a pair of Fujinon 14x40 IS stabilized binoculars. Now we each have a pair of high power stabilized glasses and don’t have to share, keeping the focus set for just one user. Mine are Canon 18x50 stabilized, more powerful with slightly better light gathering capability but less range of movement correction than the Fijunons.

We also have a pair of Steiner M&P 7x50 for general use which somehow don’t need focusing. I got them and the Canon from pawnshops for dimes on the dollar, but bought new for her birthday present.

Last edited:
Awesome pics of the Nordhavn project, Peter!

A booster and a blender!

Attachments

• booster.jpg
    booster.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 47
  • blender.jpg
    blender.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 48
Thank you, I was surprised.
The paddle is about 18" long , 3 " wide. I have the spot picked out but ran into a problem today, the contact adhesive tube have dried out. Off to get another and try tomorrow. I use velcro to hold them in place so as we get a new piece we can rearrange relatively easily.

I don't know what the carvings depict. The fellow that carves them has a shop about 10 km from us so I may go and ask. His shop is in Wilson Creek.

Regardless, I am going to visit. I have seen his shop many times and have never stopped so it is about time.

I got a nice set up for tying flys for fly fishing well and a few bottles of wine

A Mantis chain hook for the snubber I’m building.

We made a thing to keep the chain hook from pounding on the deck, and the snubbers organized by zip tying 5 links of anchor chain to the base of the jackstaff on the bow pulpit.
When not in use, the hook clips to that bit of chain, and the snubbers run through the hawseholes, and are coiled to the handrails.

I got a Ryobi 1/4" brushless variable speed impact driver set from Home Depot, $99 with a bag, charger and 2 batteries. Oh, and a lot if projects to use it on.
:<)
JohnS, La Vita Dolce, Cheoy Lee 40 LRC

Thanks, John. Sounds like a nice way to keep it out if the way, but ready. For long-term, we have a couple lockers on the foredeck, one of which I’m hoping is big enough to store the snubber.

A new John Deere
A new aluminum cargo trailer (had to buy myself to pick up the John Deer)

No boat stuff

Bigal, nobody knows what we want like ourselves. Nowadays we give each other a token and go out and buy what we really want. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom