Oil filter TAMD61A

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bshillam

Guru
Vessel Name
Our Heaven
Vessel Make
1997 4800 Navigator
I have a Navigator 4800 and am working towards picking up supplies for the first oil change. When I searched the Sierra pages I ordered what they said I needed. Well the current filters on the engine are significantly bigger than what Sierra had on their list. It's like twice the size. Does anyone know what a solid after market replacement would be?

Spin on filters usually come in 3 lengths for different applications. Because the slower oil passes thru the filter, the smaller the particle captured, some buy the longest filter that will fit in the space. The longer filter also captures more water because it has more time to settle out. The old filter should have a number. Whatever brand it is, any filter seller should have a cross reference.

I don't know if this applies to you but on my TAMD63P engines there is a big oil filter and a smaller "bypass" oil filter. Beats me what the bypass filter does but we always change it anyway.

Hi

Main oil filter https://www.oilfilter-crossreference.com/convert/VOLVO-CARS/847741

And by bass filter OME 21549542

NBs

Last time I bought OEM Volvo filters they were not that expensive. I would not go with Sierra. Maybe Wix through Napa in a pinch. On main engines I go OEM. Gennies, aftermarket is fine.

Here are the Baldwin numbers for a 61A

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom