Offshore 54

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi everyone. I’ve done a few form searches, I would very much appreciate hearing any reviews or thoughts on the offshore 54, or similar from the company.

I have never owned an Offshore but always admired them and have spent some time on a couple. Well built, and people seem to really like them. Their 48 (I think that's the size) is very popular in SoCal as an Island boat that can comfortably hold a family.

Hi - I have a 55 and am very happy with the quality of systems installed, thoughtful plumbing and wiring and the very high quality gel coat used. Boat rides and handles great at all speeds. With stabilizers it is very hearty in all seas. I really have very few complaints. PM me with any questions.

What engines does the boat have? If the Cat 3196 ascertain if the after coolers have the factory modifications that were done nearly 20 years ago. Otherwise the owners I know have been pleased.

As with any vessel, owner care and maintenance should stand out.

I owned a 2001 Offshore 54 for 11 years and travelled from South central Alaska to Southern Mexico without ever having a serious issue. Mine was stabilized and the ride was great but without stabilization it was uncomfortable for those that suffered from mal de mar.
They are easy to work on with the exception of the forward water tank and extremely comfortable as a live aboard. The company was very supportive and helpful when parts were difficult to locate. Overall it was a great boat and after 11 years I sold it for 15% less than I paid for it.

Back
Top Bottom