Ocean Alexander 40 Europa's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
" OTTER "
Vessel Make
Ocean Alexander Europa 40
I got the hankering (bad idea) the other day to look at a boat that is for sale, the family has been poking at me ever since I exchanged our beloved Volunteer for a much younger (and sexier) 40' Sea Ray express.
The boat I looked at.. and really liked the layout is a early model 40' Ocean Alexander Europa. I gave the boat a fairly good first going over and thought it could fit the bill of a not too big dbl cabin trawler(ish) project. Very little in boats regarding working on or repair gives me much concern... but I am looking for first hand knowledge of you all re early Ocean Alexander's and their related issues. The admiral saw the spec sheet of the boat in question on the visor in my truck and after a short somewhat heated discussion regarding the merit of owning too many boats at one time (I always reference Jay Leno... nobody thinks he is crazy for collecting cars/motorcycles/planes ) and she said to "buy it".
The battle was won with the admiral as she see's the potential in this as a project to keep me off the streets, out of the taverns and busy enough in my idle time to keep me from nefarious conduct!
Besides... I am really getting tired of having wax under my finger nails as the damn sea ray never needs anything but wax and fuel!
HOLLYWOOD

Last edited:
That is the model I originally looked for, finally settling on the 38 double cabin because it would fit in my boat house. To me, there isn't a better laid out 40' sedan trawler. The obvious things to look for on what I'm guessing will be a mid 80's vintage are soft decks and rot around windows. Our 38 is solid fiberlgass hull so no coring to worry about. The Europas that I looked at all had Teak decks, so that would be a concern. Great boat IMHO.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom