nymph Yacht - What a Beauty!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JD5652

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Miss Maggie
Vessel Make
1976 Hatteras 58 LRC
This yacht pulled into Atlantic Yacht Basin this weekend. As luck would have it, she is in the same shed I'm in.... what a gorgeous vessel... the photos dont' do it justice... I met the gentleman that did the complete restoration.... super interesting...I've been promised a tour at some point.... enjoy!

Nymph Yacht - Nymph Yacht

Fiberglassing the hull is interesting. Usually that is done as a last ditch effort to milk a few years out of a hull. But I have to think that's not the case here. If you get a tour, ask about that.

I believe this boat is owned by a former business partner at my last office. He had the renovation work done.

Did I read the site correct - are they really asking $3M for this boat?

I'll never understand how someone can spend so much attention to restoring a boat like that, but can't take better pictures of it than a three year old.

At three million I would not expect spelling issues, “Cummings”, “Algripe”, just right out of the gate. Call me old fashioned, and I may be, but I expect the copy to be proofread on something like this. I guess that’s tough for product names being spelled phonetically.

She sure is checkbook open though. Just wow.

I’m also skeptical of fiberglass over wood. In many of the photos you can see planking on the inside next to portholes that appear to be below the gunnel. But with this kind of money, likely those who did the work know a bit more about it than I.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom