Notifications- can I set up a notification on a boat I may be looking to purchase?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can you explain what you mean, "set up a notification?" What's a notification, what's it do?

You seem to be confusing TF with a boat sales site. Members occasionally offer boats for sale but TF is not a boat sales site. Surprising you think otherwise.

If the boat search site doesn't send email notifications when a boat that matches your search criteria, you could try the IF This Then That app. I've used IFTTT to receive emails as soon as something is posted to Craigslist that I am looking for.

Don't know if you can do that but what you can do is if you post a WANTED for a certain type of boat then make the comment that the reply person send you a PM which can be done by clicking on your user name which will appear with the request.

Just be sure your e mail address has been filled in. Then you will get an e mail from T.F. advising you without the replying person contacting you directly. Then you two can exchange e mail addresses.

You may want to use Google Alerts: https://www.google.com/alerts

It works very well and I have been able to locate some obscure parts from around the world. It may take some time before what you are looking for comes up, but Google never sleeps, it will keep looking until you turn it off.

Put up a "notification" on what type and size boat you seek... with how much $$$ you will fork over. You'll probably get responses. The more $$$ mentioned - The more responses you'll get!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom