Not a Trawler. 3580 cruisers flybridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beachbum29

Guru
Just put a 3580 cruisers yachts flybridge under contract pending survey & sea trial.

After a lot of searching we feel we have found a cruiser that fits our needs.

It's powered by twin 7.4 fuel injected gas motors.

Anyone have any experience with these boats?

Several boats ago we owned a 2005 Silverton 38 Sport Bridge with twin 8.1L Crusades. If we stuck to around 8 knots we only burned around 4-5 GPH so pretty decent economy with twin engines that were gasers. Go slow and you'll get decent enough fuel economy. Google Cruisers Yachts Owner's Forum- they have a pretty good website of users for that brand.
Congrats!!

"Think I'll convert it to propane."

Run at the right speed and there is no need.

Long Range Cruise = SQ root of actual LWL x .9 to 1.15 . in KNOTS.

That will be "trawler speed " probably just above idle RPM.

Add a knot, perhaps double the fuel bill, another K ? , double it again.

Easiest way to go faster is to measure in Statute miles , as on many inland charts .

Congratulations!

Thanks for the nice replies.

We wanted a boat that we could take offshore and be able to outrun most bad weather fronts rather than having to ride it out.

Plus get us over to the islands sooner than later since we have to travel about 150 miles south before making the crossing.

Closed on this boat this past week.

Used Bill Gladding for the survey and he did a great job not only checking out the boat but also a great source of advice on the issues that came up.

5 stars for Bill!!

Woodsong and FF are right just take your time and enjoy the ride. Going slow takes some getting use to but it is real nice once you do.

Woodsong and FF are right just take your time and enjoy the ride. Going slow takes some getting use to but it is real nice once you do.

I definitely will. Not only that it has fuel usage gauges on the dash & on the engine management system...

"Think I'll convert it to propane."

Run at the right speed and there is no need.

Long Range Cruise = SQ root of actual LWL x .9 to 1.15 . in KNOTS.

That will be "trawler speed " probably just above idle RPM.

Add a knot, perhaps double the fuel bill, another K ? , double it again.

Easiest way to go faster is to measure in Statute miles , as on many inland charts .

Measure it in kilometers/hour and you'll really be zipping along. Possibly planing.;)

Congratulations!

Measure it in kilometers/hour and you'll really be zipping along. Possibly planing.;)

Congratulations!

What the hey...

I figure that I can burn $1500 worth of fuel in 10 hours at wot.

And wear the engines out in another 200-300 hours.

Back
Top Bottom