North Pacific NP45

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is a very good looking boat. Wait, what is that I see? A little bit of canvas up top. What's up with that Nocanvas?

Cheers!

Lol you got us there.

We came from a Maxum with canvas and hated the plexiglass just hated it but it was a fast boat.

Sometimes we think a hard top what would it look like on the Helmsman. Do we want to add any weight up high. We know the boat can handle the extra weight up there. But then.

Hummmm keeping a low center of gravity all the weight down low (to reduce rolling) , our tender is on the stern ( following seas suck) helps from being top heavy rolling if in rough weather.

Having the tender on the stern allowed us to have a larger tender with center counsel also. But then a hard top would be nice. lol boats are funny everything we do to them has an effect, windage, rolling ect you name it. I'll stop the thread hijack at that sorry. Love the North Pacific beautiful vessels.

Last edited:
I am a day from home with hull number 10. Going good so far.

I am a day from home with hull number 10. Going good so far.

Great to hear! How has the trip been? Any challenges? Any interesting sightings? Pics?

Lol you got us there.

We came from a Maxum with canvas and hated the plexiglass just hated it but it was a fast boat.

Sometimes we think a hard top what would it look like on the Helmsman. Do we want to add any weight up high. We know the boat can handle the extra weight up there. But then.

Hummmm keeping a low center of gravity all the weight down low (to reduce rolling) , our tender is on the stern ( following seas suck) helps from being top heavy rolling if in rough weather.

Having the tender on the stern allowed us to have a larger tender with center counsel also. But then a hard top would be nice. lol boats are funny everything we do to them has an effect, windage, rolling ect you name it. I'll stop the thread hijack at that sorry. Love the North Pacific beautiful vessels.

Keep the weight off of the top.

Cheers!

On ours the tender will go on top. It weighs 400lbs complete. The tender will not be here for a couple more weeks.

Back
Top Bottom