Old 04-05-2017, 10:54 PM   #1

City: Seattle
Nordic Tug roof load limit?

I recently purchased a 2000 Nordic Tug 37. I'm wondering if anyone knows the approximate load limit of the saloon roof. It'd be good to know how many people and things I should allow to be up there at one time.

Thanks in advance.
richard_wb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:33 PM   #2
Guru

Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 37
Hi,

an interesting question. You should ask the factory. they have done extensive stability is the model calculations 37 in 06/07.

and the picture you will see an indicative result for people and load all the tanks full. the ship's stability should last wave height of 13 feet with waves of 26 feet. The owner's guidelines do not specifically listed where people and cargo. The old boat was a fly bridge CE-B 8 people and guidance for max 5 people fly so that stability is the height of the wave condition in a situation where the current 13 feet.

It would be great if you could be in contact with them and ask this and to share in this chain response. I have asked all the stability of the documents, but they did not give, I think from them to give something tangible to your question.

davea@nordictugs.com Nordic tug guys

Nordic Tugs Stability & Buoyancy Evaluation: NT little article from the factory and see a photo in which a change is to be tilted to 37 more that the water flows into the engine room air channel, slightly raise the demister, This change is made at least in all European export models from 07-, maybe even US? ...

http://www.google.fi/url?sa=t&rct=j&...51426398,d.bGs
NBs

North Baltic sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:48 PM   #3
Guru

City: Boston Area
I think the original question was in regards to the structural strength of the roof rather than boat stability.
Benthic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 02:18 AM   #4
Guru

City: Sydney
Vessel Name: Sojourn
Vessel Model: Integrity 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard_wb View Post
I recently purchased a 2000 Nordic Tug 37. I'm wondering if anyone knows the approximate load limit of the saloon roof. It'd be good to know how many people and things I should allow to be up there at one time....
North Baltic, obviously translating as he writes, does respond to the evolving question in the OP`s post. Sure, roof strength is important, and emailing NT at the address NBS provided should resolve all queries.
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 02:44 AM   #5
Guru

City: Boston Area
That would resolve all queries.....

( I have to admit I had a funny image in my head of 10 people trying to stand on the roof in 13 to 26 foot seas )
Benthic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:17 AM   #6
Guru

City: Carefree, Arizona
Vessel Name: sunchaser V
Vessel Model: DeFever 48 (sold)
The annals are rife with high up passenger weight causing a capsize, well before the roof collapsed. It is so common in fact that it is well worth re-mentioning on TF. Lots of newbies out there.
sunchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:28 AM   #7
Guru

City: Punta Gorda, FL
Vessel Name: Aweigh
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 42
I have a 2016 AB Mares 12 VSX with a 30 hp Suzuki on top of my 42' NT. 335# boat + 185# motor. Lifted with a 600# Steelhead crane.

No problem yet....

seasalt007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:52 PM   #8

City: Olympia WA
Vessel Name: Waterford
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 37
As a new NT owner, you might want to join the local owners association and attend the upcoming rendezvous in Anacortes. Nordic Tug technicians will answer questions on your boat and you can tour the factory. Lots of good info and good times there. Pacific Northwest Nordic Tug Owners Association
Waterford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:29 PM   #9

City: Seattle, WA
Vessel Name: Akeeva
Vessel Model: Nordhavn 50
I've had 15 (probably average ~150 pounds, so 2250 pounds total) on top of mine at anchor. No damage or excessive flexing or anything.

We were in a pretty rolly anchorage and the boat didn't feel much, if any, rollier than normal. Fuel/water tanks were full.
Retriever is offline   Reply With Quote