Nordic Tug 1997 price range

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dalehelman

What would you consider a current price range for a 1997 Nordic 26’ Tug with Yanmar diesel bow thrusters Basic nav and electronics

Needs a good cleaning mechanically and structurally sound

Moderately well cared for mechanically and structurally sound

Very well cared for turn key needs nothing

I don't have the answer but spend the effort to clean the boat or spend the money to have it cleaned. It is well worth the investment to buyers. It is a sellers market but you are leaving money on the table if it is not presentable.

Welcome aboard. I would think that you could look for similar online ads and get an idea. Are you buying or selling?

Looking to buy

After reading your original post several times, I just realized that you are not asking about a particular boat, but several different possible scenarios. My advice based on what you have shared.....

It's a seller's market. Good boats and good deals sell quickly, so don't drag your feet if you find a boat you like. Make an offer, agree on a price, and schedule a survey.

A boat that needs a good cleaning is not necessarily a bad thing, but says something about how the owner cared for the boat in general. A boat owned by a meticulous owner shows in appearance, but also will be better maintained.

No used boat is really "turn-key and needs nothing". Every boat ad you read will tell you that, but in reality, the survey will uncover some things that should be addressed (and can be negotiated) and other things you will find out long after the purchase that you will have to deal with. Be prepared for both of those scenarios and budget appropriately.

The used boat market is pretty thin so you may not have a lot of boats to choose from. See what's available and start looking at them. Every boat looks great online, when you see it in person you'll know whether it's the right one for you.

Good luck in your search.

Last edited:
Let me ask the question in a different way.
What do you think a $100,000 will buy in a NT 26? Year and condition ball park?

Rather than asking us, where you tend to get a lot of pure opinions, search Yachtworld and Boattrader to get an idea of boat listing prices.

Then when you get serious about a boat and assuming that you are working with a broker, get him to run Soldboats, the broker only resource for actual sales values. Soldboats will no doubt be behind the market run up we are experiencing so escalate older sales and try to focus on sales prices over the last 6 months.

Anything else, the opinions you will hear here as well as NADA et al values are mostly BS.

David

Let me ask the question in a different way.
What do you think a $100,000 will buy in a NT 26? Year and condition ball park?

I hate to provide another non-answer, but you just need to look online at available boats and you will see what's for sale. I would propose another angle. Unless you are really settled on a NT 26, why not look at what boats are available in your price range? Maybe the NT fits for certain criteria you have like trailer-ability, but there are a lot of boats in the 100K range that may be better for you. You haven't stated your intended purpose for the boat, that may help.

Buy your next boat first

I’ve known two couples that had a 26’ RT. Both moved up to larger boats the very next year. Those tugs look super-spacious at a boat show, but when you bring in your stuff and have friends over for a drink it starts to feel pretty darned small. This is just one man’s opinion but for the money you can buy a boat ten feet bigger and really enjoy your time on the water.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom