Nordhavn Dirona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
Is he/they a member on here?

No, I don't think so. But I know them if you want to relay a question, or contact them directly via their web site.

I also thought I saw something previously about a sale?

They crossed to Kinsale and are now in my old stomping grounds in Lough Swilly. In fact my brother walked down the marina where he keeps his boat and saw them and texted me to say if they could do then then why can't I!

My brother's dog Puddles on the dock. (Dirona obviously don't think much of the docking skills of the locals based on the fender deployment!)

Attachments

• Dirona.jpg
    Dirona.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Aw heck..

Docking.... Irish... probably better safe than sorry.

An amazingly small world. Great pics!

I didn't believe it at first.

The sky was blue!

OK, you guys are going to love this, I laughed out loud when I received it!

I have two brothers, Paschal and John, with slips on their dock (and a third with a boat currently over in Scotland).

I just received this from my brother John (with a photo of Dirona's boat card).

"Had a good chat with them this evening. They are plugged into Paschal's electricity. I said, when it runs out, plug into mine!! And welcome to Ireland!!

:)

Last edited:
Menzies mentioned...
My brother's dog Puddles on the dock. (Dirona obviously don't think much of the docking skills of the locals based on the fender deployment!)

I've noticed on many TV programs, travelogues, etc, that it is a feature in the UK. The Brits wear their fenders proudly - like all round the boat - and always down where they do the business. Bitter experience perhaps...too many to pull up...lazy..? Not sure...
Maybe Dirona's set-up is a case of..."well, if they all do it, maybe they know something we don't, so we better as well?"

Last edited:
I don't know, but they are very nicely positioned and level. I was going to say "well-____.....never mind.

Back
Top Bottom