Old 06-28-2020, 03:54 PM   #1

City: Gig Harbor WA
Vessel Name: Salty
Vessel Model: American Tug 34
Nordhavn 41 - pricing?

Any word on pricing for the new N41? I understand it will come well fitted with standard equipment and that price includes shipping to U.S West Coast. I’m guessing $650k...
Willard 40
nwboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 04:06 PM   #2
Guru

City: Vallejo, California
Vessel Name: Mahalo Moi
Vessel Model: 1986 Grand Banks 42 Classic
Without any research or thought, I wouldn’t be surprised to see $850k to $1.2m.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
Giggitoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 04:24 PM   #3
Guru

City: Sea of Cortez, Mexico
Vessel Name: Irene
Vessel Model: Nordhavn 40II
The first 5 were priced at $699K, delivered to/commissioned in Florida.

Source - https://groups.io/g/NordhavnDreamers
Old 06-28-2020, 04:58 PM   #4

City: Georgia
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 41EU
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwboater View Post
Any word on pricing for the new N41? I understand it will come well fitted with standard equipment and that price includes shipping to U.S West Coast. I’m guessing $650k...

Last quote I heard was $720k ready to go. No options. That’s for an east coast delivery.
mcboatface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:18 AM   #5

Thanks for the feedback.
Willard 40
Old 06-30-2020, 06:18 AM   #6
Arc
Guru

City: Long island
Vessel Model: Eastern
If 720k is the sail away price , I think it’s a bargain. A 41’ Center Console with OB’s are running + 500k . A 37’ Back Cove is + 600k .
Arc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:43 AM   #7
Guru

City: Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc View Post
If 720k is the sail away price , I think it’s a bargain. A 41’ Center Console with OB’s are running + 500k . A 37’ Back Cove is + 600k .

I'm interested to hear the $720k price. I have always heard $699, delivered to the US east coast. Is something more included at $720k? As I recall, watermaker and tender were the only things that were not standard equipment. So maybe the extra $20k adds one or both of those?

Regardless, I think it's going to be a winner combination, and they have already sold 7 or more even before the first one has been delivered.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:59 AM   #8
Guru

City: Carefree, Arizona
Vessel Name: sunchaser V
Vessel Model: DeFever 48 (sold)
TT
I agree, should be a winner especially with its ocean rating. Your thoughts on Turkey Vs China as a build site?
sunchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedtree View Post
I'm interested to hear the $720k price. I have always heard $699, delivered to the US east coast. Is something more included at $720k? As I recall, watermaker and tender were the only things that were not standard equipment. So maybe the extra $20k adds one or both of those?

Regardless, I think it's going to be a winner combination, and they have already sold 7 or more even before the first one has been delivered.

They just hosted a webinar about the 41 last week and that’s the price at this time without water maker or tender. They are hinting that it will increase as they get to hull 20 or sooner.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:45 PM   #10
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcboatface View Post
They just hosted a webinar about the 41 last week and that’s the price at this time without water maker or tender. They are hinting that it will increase as they get to hull 20 or sooner.

Got it. Thanks. Still a heck of a deal.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:55 PM   #11
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchaser View Post
TT
I agree, should be a winner especially with its ocean rating. Your thoughts on Turkey Vs China as a build site?

I think it's opening up a whole new era, or it could. Part of it is Turkey which by all indications is a great place to build boats. But the more significant thing, I think, is that everything is built off CAD, not hand built. That enables building parts of the boat in parallel, and piecing them together at the end, and it all fits. It's much faster and more cost effective. PAE is leveraging this to knock out batches of 5 boats at a time at a very attractive price. But I also think it could be a key element in streamlining how their larger, more custom boats are built. That process would be much, much more efficient if it were all in accurate CAD models with 3rd walk throughs, and virtual walk throughs. Most people are really bad at visualizing things from 2D drawings, are surprised when it's built, and things then need to get changed. It's a torturous process for everyone involved.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:27 AM   #12
FF
Guru

"No options. That’s for an east coast delivery."

No options is a shock!

The folks that purchase that type of boat usually have many years of experience and seldom want some broker outfitting the boat for them.

Too many individual desirements,,, HVAC , noisemaker, bow thruster, cooking ,electric vs hydraulic, the list of choices could cover a full page
FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 05:35 AM   #13
TF Site Team

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Insequent
Vessel Model: Ocean Alexander 50 Mk I
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcboatface View Post
Last quote I heard was $720k ready to go. No options. That’s for an east coast delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF View Post
"No options. That’s for an east coast delivery."

No options is a shock!

The folks that purchase that type of boat usually have many years of experience and seldom want some broker outfitting the boat for them.

Too many individual desirements,,, HVAC , noisemaker, bow thruster, cooking ,electric vs hydraulic, the list of choices could cover a full page
I think you misunderstood. Let me put it another way. The price quoted excludes any options.

I expect that you can add whatever you wish, provided you are happy to pay for it!
Old 07-01-2020, 10:16 AM   #14

I like that the N41 is configured as a couples boat. My one big complaint with the layout is the single helm station — I would want separate seating for helmsman and navigator. For a vessel with long range capabilities it makes no sense not to provide dedicated seating areas like found in downeast and tug style boats. Two persons having to share a single bench/helm position on a 6-8 hour passage is a poor design decision.
Willard 40
Old 07-01-2020, 10:38 AM   #15
Guru

City: San Diego
Vessel Name: Circuit Breaker
Vessel Model: 2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedtree View Post
I watched the entire webinar and was impressed with the thought and engineering that went into this boat. Also, the decision and reason they elected to go with twins was very interesting! I agree with TT's comment: "I think it's going to be a winner combination."I must admit, however, that their marketing strategy had one hell of a big impact on their early success!
Old 07-01-2020, 10:54 AM   #16
Guru

City: Carefree, Arizona
Vessel Name: sunchaser V
Vessel Model: DeFever 48 (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insequent View Post
I think you misunderstood. Let me put it another way. The price quoted excludes any options.

I expect that you can add whatever you wish, provided you are happy to pay for it!
Although options are excluded, the extensive standard list I've seen provides a very well equipped vessel ready to cruise. Fill in your choices for dinghy, diesel furnace, davit, solar panels and water maker though.
sunchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 12:21 PM   #17

Quote:
Although options are excluded, the extensive standard list I've seen provides a very well equipped vessel ready to cruise. Fill in your choices for dinghy, diesel furnace, davit, solar panels and water maker though.

Actually, I believe two solar panels are standard. There is no flybridge available at this time, so they put two panels on the roof. Kind of a neat install.
Old 07-08-2020, 01:25 AM   #18

City: utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwboater View Post
the 41 will range in price from 690k to 750k depending on where the delviery is ie med, us east coast , or west coast or Australia and yes it does come with 2 solar panels and no fly bridge until further testing is done to see if it can keep its eu class a cert with a fly bridge, it doesnt come standard with a water maker but there is that option if you wish and the option list is very small as this is meant to be a ready to go boat fresh from the factory
truckertotrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 01:25 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggitoni View Post
Without any research or thought, I wouldn’t be surprised to see $850k to $1.2m.
the 41 will range in price from 690k to 750k depending on where the delviery is ie med, us east coast , or west coast or Australia and yes it does come with 2 solar panels and no fly bridge until further testing is done to see if it can keep its eu class a cert with a fly bridge, it doesnt come standard with a water maker but there is that option if you wish and the option list is very small as this is meant to be a ready to go boat fresh from the factory
Old 07-08-2020, 01:35 AM   #20

Quote:
TT
of the four top builders in the world turkey is number 4..italy is 1 then germany and holand as 2 and 3 or the other way .. but italy makes more than all the rest of the world combined... and turkey comes in at 4. so good company to be in.. keep in mind nordhavn has been having their yachts boats made in Taiwan since the 70s and china since 2000 or there abouts. so not not bad company for turkey to have and they are also owned by the same company that owns Oceanco one of the big yacht manufacturers in north europe.