Nordhavn 41 - pricing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nwboater

Vessel Name
Salty
Vessel Make
American Tug 34
Any word on pricing for the new N41? I understand it will come well fitted with standard equipment and that price includes shipping to U.S West Coast. I’m guessing $650k...

Last edited:
Without any research or thought, I wouldn’t be surprised to see $850k to $1.2m.

Any word on pricing for the new N41? I understand it will come well fitted with standard equipment and that price includes shipping to U.S West Coast. I’m guessing $650k...

Last quote I heard was $720k ready to go. No options. That’s for an east coast delivery.

Thanks for the feedback.

If 720k is the sail away price , I think it’s a bargain. A 41’ Center Console with OB’s are running + 500k . A 37’ Back Cove is + 600k .

If 720k is the sail away price , I think it’s a bargain. A 41’ Center Console with OB’s are running + 500k . A 37’ Back Cove is + 600k .

I'm interested to hear the $720k price. I have always heard $699, delivered to the US east coast. Is something more included at $720k? As I recall, watermaker and tender were the only things that were not standard equipment. So maybe the extra $20k adds one or both of those?

Regardless, I think it's going to be a winner combination, and they have already sold 7 or more even before the first one has been delivered.

TT
I agree, should be a winner especially with its ocean rating. Your thoughts on Turkey Vs China as a build site?

I'm interested to hear the $720k price. I have always heard $699, delivered to the US east coast. Is something more included at $720k? As I recall, watermaker and tender were the only things that were not standard equipment. So maybe the extra $20k adds one or both of those?

Regardless, I think it's going to be a winner combination, and they have already sold 7 or more even before the first one has been delivered.

They just hosted a webinar about the 41 last week and that’s the price at this time without water maker or tender. They are hinting that it will increase as they get to hull 20 or sooner.

They just hosted a webinar about the 41 last week and that’s the price at this time without water maker or tender. They are hinting that it will increase as they get to hull 20 or sooner.

Got it. Thanks. Still a heck of a deal.

TT
I agree, should be a winner especially with its ocean rating. Your thoughts on Turkey Vs China as a build site?

I think it's opening up a whole new era, or it could. Part of it is Turkey which by all indications is a great place to build boats. But the more significant thing, I think, is that everything is built off CAD, not hand built. That enables building parts of the boat in parallel, and piecing them together at the end, and it all fits. It's much faster and more cost effective. PAE is leveraging this to knock out batches of 5 boats at a time at a very attractive price. But I also think it could be a key element in streamlining how their larger, more custom boats are built. That process would be much, much more efficient if it were all in accurate CAD models with 3rd walk throughs, and virtual walk throughs. Most people are really bad at visualizing things from 2D drawings, are surprised when it's built, and things then need to get changed. It's a torturous process for everyone involved.

"No options. That’s for an east coast delivery."

No options is a shock!

The folks that purchase that type of boat usually have many years of experience and seldom want some broker outfitting the boat for them.

Too many individual desirements,,, HVAC , noisemaker, bow thruster, cooking ,electric vs hydraulic, the list of choices could cover a full page

Last edited:
Last quote I heard was $720k ready to go. No options. That’s for an east coast delivery.

"No options. That’s for an east coast delivery."

No options is a shock!

The folks that purchase that type of boat usually have many years of experience and seldom want some broker outfitting the boat for them.

Too many individual desirements,,, HVAC , noisemaker, bow thruster, cooking ,electric vs hydraulic, the list of choices could cover a full page

I think you misunderstood. Let me put it another way. The price quoted excludes any options.

I expect that you can add whatever you wish, provided you are happy to pay for it!

Last edited:
I like that the N41 is configured as a couples boat. My one big complaint with the layout is the single helm station — I would want separate seating for helmsman and navigator. For a vessel with long range capabilities it makes no sense not to provide dedicated seating areas like found in downeast and tug style boats. Two persons having to share a single bench/helm position on a 6-8 hour passage is a poor design decision.

I watched the entire webinar and was impressed with the thought and engineering that went into this boat. Also, the decision and reason they elected to go with twins was very interesting! I agree with TT's comment: "I think it's going to be a winner combination."I must admit, however, that their marketing strategy had one hell of a big impact on their early success!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you misunderstood. Let me put it another way. The price quoted excludes any options.

I expect that you can add whatever you wish, provided you are happy to pay for it!

Although options are excluded, the extensive standard list I've seen provides a very well equipped vessel ready to cruise. Fill in your choices for dinghy, diesel furnace, davit, solar panels and water maker though.

Although options are excluded, the extensive standard list I've seen provides a very well equipped vessel ready to cruise. Fill in your choices for dinghy, diesel furnace, davit, solar panels and water maker though.

Actually, I believe two solar panels are standard. There is no flybridge available at this time, so they put two panels on the roof. Kind of a neat install.

the 41 will range in price from 690k to 750k depending on where the delviery is ie med, us east coast , or west coast or Australia and yes it does come with 2 solar panels and no fly bridge until further testing is done to see if it can keep its eu class a cert with a fly bridge, it doesnt come standard with a water maker but there is that option if you wish and the option list is very small as this is meant to be a ready to go boat fresh from the factory

Without any research or thought, I wouldn’t be surprised to see $850k to $1.2m.

the 41 will range in price from 690k to 750k depending on where the delviery is ie med, us east coast , or west coast or Australia and yes it does come with 2 solar panels and no fly bridge until further testing is done to see if it can keep its eu class a cert with a fly bridge, it doesnt come standard with a water maker but there is that option if you wish and the option list is very small as this is meant to be a ready to go boat fresh from the factory

TT

of the four top builders in the world turkey is number 4..italy is 1 then germany and holand as 2 and 3 or the other way .. but italy makes more than all the rest of the world combined... and turkey comes in at 4. so good company to be in.. keep in mind nordhavn has been having their yachts boats made in Taiwan since the 70s and china since 2000 or there abouts. so not not bad company for turkey to have and they are also owned by the same company that owns Oceanco one of the big yacht manufacturers in north europe.

I watched the entire webinar and was impressed with the thought and engineering that went into this boat. Also, the decision and reason they elected to go with twins was very interesting! I agree with TT's comment: "I think it's going to be a winner combination."I must admit, however, that their marketing strategy had one hell of a big impact on their early success!

nordhavn is making the 41 in groups of 5 and is up to 15 now which will get them to end of 2021 and i agree this will be a big hit for them. the 41 seems to be very well made and as long as the price is reasonable it will be very competitive. there is also a 51 ft new build in the process that is scheduled to come out end of 2020 and i believe it will replace the venerable 52 that has been so popular. also a 47.5 ft is all ready in production as well as the new 148 super yacht and a 80 ft that has 3 beeing made and soon to launch. very busy times for nordhavn

I think it's opening up a whole new era, or it could. Part of it is Turkey which by all indications is a great place to build boats. But the more significant thing, I think, is that everything is built off CAD, not hand built. That enables building parts of the boat in parallel, and piecing them together at the end, and it all fits. It's much faster and more cost effective. PAE is leveraging this to knock out batches of 5 boats at a time at a very attractive price. But I also think it could be a key element in streamlining how their larger, more custom boats are built. That process would be much, much more efficient if it were all in accurate CAD models with 3rd walk throughs, and virtual walk throughs. Most people are really bad at visualizing things from 2D drawings, are surprised when it's built, and things then need to get changed. It's a torturous process for everyone involved.

i think you have hit the nail on the head ... nordhavn has been working with the noted design company vripak and have since produced the 80 ft and the 41 and the soon to be 51 and 148 with this addition of better engineering nordhavn will have a great future

many make issue with nordhavns marketing. yes it is effective but if not for the reputation of the nordhavn build the maketing would not be effective. nordhavns stake their claim on crossing oceans not being in the over crowded coastal cruiser segment and to that the reason of their success is just that the best ocean crosser out there in the small boat segment once you get to the bigger boys they will have a harder time i think. nordhavn does well up to 100ft and that will be a test for them to go beyond only time will tell . i think a 110 would be a good idea and then try to get the 120 to sell since they only made the one 120

Three of the first 10 hulls are available and being offered at a $675,000 introductory price with delivery in Turkey, $710,000 for delivery to the U.S. East Coast
, from their site. Lovely vessel, and perfect for one or two people. I like the twin-engine Kubota option; they are amazingly reliable (we have a 3-cylinder one on Anika-J with nearly 8,000 hours on her; uses no oil, blows no smoke, starts instantly).

Can someone link to the webinar that was mentioned above, please?

I think they are up to about #20 now, and you will have to wait a year for that.

And pretty sure they raised the price. Seems to me its now high $700's.

And pretty sure they raised the price. Seems to me its now high $700's.

A Nordhavn rep told me two days ago it's above 800K. Though I'm not sure how set the price is or if there is negotiation room. I would prefer much more transparancy. Is there a way to find recent buyers?

Back
Top Bottom