the noise of a wind charger...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The one that makes the most racket is on the very top of his sailboat mast, spinning so fast (24/7) that it's nothing but a blur. There are two other sailboats nearby and their chargers are mounted off the transom and they seem to be quiet, spinning at a fraction of the speed.

The one that makes the most racket is on the very top of his sailboat mast, spinning so fast (24/7) that it's nothing but a blur. There are two other sailboats nearby and their chargers are mounted off the transom and they seem to be quiet, spinning at a fraction of the speed.

I suspect those quiet ones are being considerate, and have their wind gens in the brake mode, they do then spin slowly and pretty much silently. That one up the mast which goes at blurring speed is definitely in charge mode. Maybe that owner does not have a shore power charger. Perhaps a polite suggestion..?
They are not exactly expensive, the type and size he would need in a yacht.
Most marinas, here in Aus anyway, forbid wind gens in charge mode actually.

Spent some time at the marina today. I think I know why our neighbor's generator is quiet...! I don't see any identifying marks on the housing. Maybe someone will recognize the manufacture.. ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1443070418.519293.jpg

Yes, that one would be extremely silent. Mind you, it would probably not put out much charge either. :D

Last year the boat's wind generator had its blades attached (see my previous photo). Saw it running fast once, and it was making hardly a sound unlike another on a different finger.

Yes, that one would be extremely silent. Mind you, it would probably not put out much charge either. :D

"Science" claims 3/4 of the universe is missing , dark matter and dark energy,,,

Perhaps its a dark energy charger that works well to keep these boaters in the dark?

Fortunately, my periodic berth neighbor (Vagari) which makes seasonal long-range voyages, has a completely silent windmill generator.

..."completely silent windmill generator." Really?? Feel I must ask - recent new batts in your hearing aid? How can a windmill gen's blades be "completely" silent in the wind?

If that is the actual circumstance - I want one!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom