New Weaver snap-davits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Make
Transpacific Marine Eagle 32
Anyone using this new product that will drop down 12 inches to attach to an inflatable? Thank you.

Cannot speak for that, but I have about used every other part they sold (swivel motor mount, transom bar etc) and everything has worked as advertised and very robust construction/welds.

Anyone using this new product that will drop down 12 inches to attach to an inflatable?
I have no knowledge of that product but I'm seriously considering Weaver's Snap Davit System for attaching my dinghy to the big boat when in the slip. Trips to Avalon will have the dinghy on the bow.

What does the TF community think of the Snap Davit System attached to the swim step? The dinghy would be more available for harbor cruising, bass fishing, restaurants, etc.

Neighbor's dinghy

Attachments

• IMG_2689.jpg
    IMG_2689.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 522
Last edited:
If the dink is similar to the picture, then why not?
The Weaver has a proven track record. You may want to think about using the removable version for the swim platform. That way the hook is gone when you don't want it.

Another added feature for this is it will provide a stable parking spot for the launched dink when your cruising.

If the dink is similar to the picture, then why not?
The Weaver has a proven track record. You may want to think about using the removable version for the swim platform. That way the hook is gone when you don't want it.

Another added feature for this is it will provide a stable parking spot for the launched dink when your cruising.

I second this. We had the same style inflatable as in the picture on our Camano with the removable Weaver system. Very stable for getting in and out.

We like our set-up a lot...
Cramming 10 lbs of stuff into a 5 lb bag (28ft) made these a necessity..

we run with the dink fully vertical, but lower it a bit while in harbor for additional ventilation..Really easy and stable boarding and debarking also..

I've since put one of those adventure marine motor swivels on and no longer have to even remove the motor..4 pulley system makes it easy to raise/lower.

20150522_152024-vi.jpg

20150513_190801-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Snap Davits - I love them

I have run the snap davits on my swim platform of my old boat for over a decade.

I love them.

Keeps you from doing the splits when boarding & unloading groceries.

makes ingress & egress from the dinghy much easier - easier to deploy than craning it down from boat deck.

My guess is that you will like them.

Good luck.

Alfa Mike

They also make it easier to load and unload dogs. They can just step over with no assistance.

Hey I have a full set of Weaver davits along with the engine lever for sale in the classified section, just FYI. It's a deal at $795 for all of it. Just the lever new is like $670.

Weaver davit system

For Sale: Weaver davit system - Trawler Forum

There you go, Walt. Problem solved. They are good. But I suggest you get the parts on the ducky professionally glued on. I has some issues with that. :socool:

Hadn't thought of that! It will be great in Avalon harbor when on the mooring!:thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_1486.jpg
    IMG_1486.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 80

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom