New USCG security zones in PB.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like a lot...but in the end..what is the annual secret service budget for all politicians and is it more or less than before, adjusted for inflation?

You'd think so but likely not. I'll never forget watching a special about the royal family in England many years ago. The reporter doing the interviews noticed jewelry about the mansion and asked if it was real or fake. Security man told them stone faced everything they see is real. Reporter said they assumed the authentic valuables would be in some sort of vault and the reply was "if a person could steal the jewels they would be inside the royal private living space and that was a preposterous idea".

I can only imagine the SS would have a similar reply.

I believe that Trump will use all his residential assets where as Obama, to my knowledge, left Chicago behind and will have to buy a place when January comes. SS will have to protect everything for Trump.

Sounds like a lot...but in the end..what is the annual secret service budget for all politicians and is it more or less than before, adjusted for inflation?

It is a lot. At least for NYC.

Because it's my understanding that it is an extra NYC expense. Not a federal one.

The normal federal expense for security would be on top of that.

Then there is the whole issue of housing costs for federal security people in NYC and into who's pocket that money will be going.

Last edited:
I think Palm Beach is indicative of some uniqueness that is above and beyond others. A retreat to a ranch in Texas or California is fairly simple comparatively. For many Presidents, the frequent retreat was to Camp David, which is an established military facility. Our current President's residence was Washington although still vacations to deal with. In Palm Beach we're dealing with protection on land and from the water. That adds an element. New York adds a high rise multi-tenant building in a crowded downtown area in the largest city in the country. In providing him and his family with the same level of protection as other Presidents have had it is going to be more expensive.

I don't see Palm Beach as being a big issue for boaters. It's a lot like Cape Canaveral, actually less strict as you can still pass through, you don't have to stop or go around. Building boater awareness will be an issue, but it's just one of many areas along the coast one must be aware of special rules for.

Well...if someone can show the actual delta in money, it can be used as a sharp stick in his eye to prove he is no better than other politicians and how they spend taxpayer money.

I am sure there are reasonable fluxuations and different reasons for security costs throughout a presidency...and expectations for other agencies to bear some of the burden.

If it is costing NYC more.....I would bet that they will also benefit in some way from the added security.....maybe not....

Better get used to these temporary security zones in that area. They are based around Mar-A-Lago, which is, of course, a Trump resort.

Right. I'm sure he won't be spending much time at his prize property. :rolleyes:

Actually he may not. His fellow members may not appreciate the restrictions his presence requires.

Actually he may not. His fellow members may not appreciate the restrictions his presence requires.

If recent history is any indication, he won't be spending a lot of time there. However, I also see the possibility that New York becomes more difficult to enjoy as a getaway and so Mar a Lago is his choice more frequently. Of course, keep in mind those members pay a very healthy amount.

Why would he want to spend time there anyway. His suit claims that air traffic patterns have created "an unreasonable amount of noise, emissions and pollutants at Mar-a-Lago"

Last edited:
Trust me. Thirty years from now you will think of 2010 as "recently." :D

Wifey B: Thirty years from now I'll probably be in my 40's or something like that. I don't think 50, that sounds too old. Maybe 40' like hubby and he'll be in 50's by then. :D

Denverdon, you have to remember Wifey B was a child bride. Hubby B paid many goats and sheep for her but he still got a bargain.;)

Denverdon, you have to remember Wifey B was a child bride. Hubby B paid many goats and sheep for her but he still got a bargain.;)

Wifey B: Goats and sheep....wonder how many it took. I hope lots of sheep, not so many goats. :) I was 21 when we met in 2000, got married on my 22nd birthday. I think even for a 98 year old, 1982 isn't thought of as recent. Well, might be, but then they might think it is 1985 now. I know an 86 year old with Alzheimer's and she functions well in the present, better than many, but time and years are completely lost. Everytime age comes up and she's told she's 86, she says "86? I sure don't feel 86." She has no idea the year, but it doesn't matter. Time and dates aren't important. What is taking place right now is. As to feeling 86, who knows what 86 is supposed to feel like? I know if we expect it to be like 26, we're going to be upset. I thought 30 would be hard for me and 40 would be for hubby, but when life is good, none of that matters.

I'm very much a live in the present sort of girl. Hubby worries. I just worry about him worrying. But can't change the past and you don't know the future. Sure as heck better then make the most of the present.

I like to tease on age and fine getting teased back, but perhaps the reason I don't fear it is I spend a lot of time with two couples around 60 and then I see how active older people are here. I'm learning from those who added years, but didn't age in attitude. Maybe like the lady who is 86, I sure don't feel my age, but then I never knew what it was supposed to feel like. I feel good, lucky, healthy. What more could anyone ask for? :)

Wifey B I was 21 when we met in 2000, got married on my 22nd birthday. I think even for a 98 year old, 1982 isn't thought of as recent. Well, might be, but then they might think it is 1985 now.

Maybe the wine and the tunes (Eagles, from a short while ago) but I have to say, 1982 really is recent. Heck, I think when my wife and I married in 1971 is recent. Kids. Just you wait. You will agree.

Back
Top Bottom