Old 11-09-2020, 04:36 PM   #1
Guru

City: Jacksonville
Vessel Name: SONAS
Vessel Model: Grand Alaskan 53
New System At St. Brendan's Isle

Just received this.

In 2006 St Brendan's Isle introduced our propriety online software called Mail Scan Pro (MSP). Since that time, we have made several enhancements to MSP, however about a year ago we decided it was time to develop all new software to better meet the ever-changing needs of our Clients. Since July, we have had hundreds of Beta Testers using the new software. With the feedback and input we've received we are now ready to release our new version of MSP.

The transition will occur over the 4-day Thanksgiving Holiday weekend, November 26th-29th when we are normally closed.

IMPORTANT!!!! EFFECTIVE WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 25TH AT MIDNIGHT EST YOU WILL NOT HAVE ACCESSS TO YOUR MSP ONLINE ACCOUNT

Effective Monday, November 30th the new software will be ready for all to use. If you will need a shipment to go out on Monday November 30th you will need to enter that order by Wednesday November 25th.

Here are a few of the benefits you will notice when you log into the new software:
1. Updated Security: The first time you log in it will ask you to change your username from your box/account # to your email address.
2. You can add notes or memos for yourself on individual pieces of mail
3. You can create sub folders within the HOLD and ARCHIVE folders
4. You can add and delete previous addresses
5. The software is Cell Phone/iPad friendly

St Brendan's Isle is committed to providing the most "Convenient, Dependable, Friendly" mail service to each and every one of our Clients. We hope you enjoy the enhancements we've made to MSP and as always if you have any questions please let us know.
menzies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 08:27 PM   #2
Guru

City: Southern Maine
Vessel Model: Prairie 36 Coastal Cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by menzies View Post
The transition will occur over the 4-day Thanksgiving Holiday weekend, November 26th-29th when we are normally closed.
Some of my old co-workers had a boss like that.

This manager would schedule major outages, migrations and cut-overs for holiday weekends, ensuring that everyone had to work. And if things didn't go exactly as planned (they never do) the employees would have to work around the clock over that holiday.

Fortunately the bosses I had showed a little more respect for their employees' personal time.
CaptTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 05:50 AM   #3
Guru

City: Newport, R.I.
Vessel Name: Hippocampus
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 42
When cruising I’m usually in countries that don’t recognize our uniquely and wonderful thanksgiving holiday. Having a mail service is a wonderful thing for international travelers including US citizens such as myself. Agree it’s truly a bad thing blue laws are for the most part a thing of the past. But when would you expect them to do the transition. Think with covid this year is unusual. We’re home in America’s home town, Plymouth MA, where thanksgiving started. I’m a huge fan of thanksgiving. But in current circumstances see the timing as making sense.
Hippocampus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 07:00 AM   #4
Guru

City: Carefree, Arizona
Vessel Name: sunchaser V
Vessel Model: DeFever 48 (sold)
What am I missing?

Or, why use SBI's or clone services at all is a question we solved decades ago. Due to work and now fun times we are away from our dirt home for extended periods. Leaving our house unattended is not an option.

Currently and when we're on the road, once a week our paid house watcher picks up the mail and packages at the nearby PO. The PO already scans, for modest fee, our mail so anything resembling a critical item we alert our paid house watcher to check out for us.

The house watcher, more importantly than mail, checks out the house functions like plumbing, AC and heat. We live in an area where well over 1/3 of the homes have equally traveled owners. I'd much rather have a trusted individual "open" our mail Vs a mail forwarding group like SBI.

So, am I
sunchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 09:23 AM   #5
Guru

City: Newport, R.I.
Vessel Name: Hippocampus
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 42
Have “smart house”. We leave our house at 70f. With geo and solar it takes care of itself. Those are monitored via internet and can change settings if we want remotely. Flood, fire, security and power etc. also monitored with automatic calls if any issues without our involvement although we are notified to email, satphone and personal phones. So when we leave we leave. House is on total autopilot without involvement of family or friends although we leave keys with 2 different friendly close neighbors and our kids. Our kids visit to enjoy the house in our absence not to do chores. Different ways to skin the cat.
Hippocampus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 09:41 AM   #6
Guru

City: Here and there
I assumed people who use SBI or similar and make it their resident address do so because they do not have a home, a home address to which mail would otherwise go, nor a paid house watcher to collect mail. I thought it was largely full time cruisers and RVers.
Porgy is offline   Reply With Quote