New Sound System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Well one of the upgrades this year was a sound system. The old one has toggle switches broke for the zones and the sound sucked. So off I went to do research.

I settled on the Fusion AV750. I saw it at WM and liked the options such as 4 zone control, CD/DVD, Bluetooth, able to tie it into my MFD on the bridge with NEMA 2000. But I didn't like WM price at over $700.

I also wanted to upgrade the sundeck and bridge speakers. I also added a sub-woofer.

I found the AV750 online for $550, Sub-woofer from Best Buy and 2 5 channel amplifiers from Amazon, the Kenwood marine speakers from Wal-Mart.

What I didn't know was in order to run this unit for all 4 zones, it requires an amplifier. Now room was an issue. These amps are the Boss 1950.

Took me a day to clean up the existing wires. A friend who is a cabinet maker made me the mounting panel to replace the door. He did a really nice job. Then $150 later for wire, clamps etc.

It took me 5 days total but wow what a difference. I can Bluetooth iHeart radio, play DVDs and have it pop up on my tv while the sound comes from the new system, and an app to control the system from my phone.

When I was adjusting all the input and outputs, I actually popped the circuit breaker when I was over driving the system. We will not be playing it that loud. Now I have a rock'n system.....:thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_3852.jpg
    IMG_3852.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3853.jpg
    IMG_3853.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_3854.jpg
    IMG_3854.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_3857.jpg
    IMG_3857.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_3858.jpg
    IMG_3858.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_3859.jpg
    IMG_3859.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_3860.jpg
    IMG_3860.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_3864.jpg
    IMG_3864.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_3863.jpg
    IMG_3863.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_3862.jpg
    IMG_3862.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 131
Tom, can't wait to check it out! Nice job!

Tom, that looks great. It looks like a factory installation. Nicely done. You get two boxes of Klondike Bars for that.

Tom, that looks great. It looks like a factory installation. Nicely done. You get two boxes of Klondike Bars for that.

Oh goodie goodie!!! Are you delivering?

Crusty will grade the sound and install when he gets here.

Tom that is fantastic, now you have a safe anchor zone............:whistling:

Yes I will. When a 100 ft yacht parks in front of ASD blocking our wonderful view I will be able to crank up "Sex on the Beach" on the system and produce a good sound, instead of over the crackling of the public address. Crusty Chief loves this song but wants a quality sound!!!:D

Nicely done!!!

Beautiful cabinet work.! Like it like it like it!!!
Is that the Kicker compact sub?
If you are using a breaker in your main panel, does the ammeter isolate or "always on"?
I powered my amplifier from a small sub panel to stop the ammeter from banging around so much.
Love that you can play DVD's to TV and get the sound to your upgraded speakers. Great job!
Dave

Now, watch your batteries when you are rockin out!
That breaker popped for a reason...
Have fun,
Bruce

Yes I will. When a 100 ft yacht parks in front of ASD blocking our wonderful view I will be able to crank up "Sex on the Beach" on the system and produce a good sound, instead of over the crackling of the public address. Crusty Chief loves this song but wants a quality sound!!!:D

Dosent get much more RedNeck than that, kinda felt like we were in the Tennessee Mountains running a still instead of Desolation Sound!

Cheers

Yes Dave it is the Kicker compact SW.

I noticed the amp meter bouncing a little. When I was installing and adjusting, the instructions stated to take the volume to 3/4. Crap it was loud and when I pushed it a bit more, I tripped the breaker! I had to check all the windows to make sure none of them were cracked or broke.

Good choice
I got the same model-- Its great
it the second Fusion I have had and it is the best so far
With the amp drawing a lot of power. I did install a separate battery with an isolator on it. Just as precaution.
Love the Bluetooth poison everyone can now play their own tunes from their phone

Finally got the last part installed and spent another $200. Connecting the NEMA to SeaTalk and now I can control the sound system from my Raymarine c97!!!

Attachments

• 16114686_10211754057593700_2483348927633987021_n.jpg
    16114686_10211754057593700_2483348927633987021_n.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 38

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom