New long range cruising brand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As was I. The two builders I pointed to have produced mostly power for some time now. They both have established international reputations, but neither has spent big $$ on establishing their brands in the glossies.

You may choose not to engage a small builder, but to suggest that it takes a $30 million budget to consider a bespoke boat and that there aren't established builders who can take on smaller custom builds with full professionalism is what prompted me to respond. It's not true.
[/QUOTE]

You stated your experience was with custom sailboats. I do realize those you linked to build powerboats. I was not aware either builds custom today although C&C did, but not saying they don't. I thought they were semi-custom, customizing interiors and decks but with standard hulls.

Still my point is that the build mentioned by the OP is not only a new boat, but a new builder, and in those situations I've seen more heartaches than successes. That's not a combination I'd go near. If you would, that's your choice. I was just offering my opinion, but then I've offered it before about builders no longer around and to whom buyers paid large amounts of money and never received their boat.

"So, you're saying the risk should all be transferred to the customer?"

NOPE , just that the second boat may look like the first boat , but be way different in performance.

I think it takes about a dozen boats to give owner feedback to the builder to actually improve the boat.

Boattest.com and powerandmotoryacht.com have plenty of Cranchi reviews. Now, they will all be favorable but you can still learn some things about them. Won't hear much about them in the US because very few ever make it here.

Thanks, I didn't see any 43' but the link was helpful.

Don't know much about the Cranchi but I've been on one and it was nice. I think it had pod drives and was around 50 feet. I remember it being really spacious. Fit and finish seemed pretty good as well. Exterior styling wasn't my cup of tea, but overall seemed like a pretty usable boat.

Yes seems very spacious with a euro style look.. They come with Volvo's and IPS drive. There don't seem to be many in the USA so having a hard time finding someone who can share there experience with the Cranchi.

43 Cranchi Eco Trawler

I personally find traditional design, therefore, acquired the NT. design line in Europe is of this type of vessel. Azimunt mangelon, Cranchi eco trawler, Delta Power Boats, Green line etc. claimed by Skandinaviska luxsus hotel interior. maybe I'm old-fashioned and therefore not my thing. fuel consumption and high-speed I might want for her?

How does your new tug:smitten: progress has been made? Point the new year and get him in the spring.

Does anyone own a 43 Cranchi Eco Trawler or know anyone who does?

Back
Top Bottom