Old 10-06-2022, 10:16 AM   #1

City: Port Ludlow
Vessel Name: Kiskadee
Vessel Model: Helmsman 46 Hull#1
The New Helmsman 46

Construction of hull #1 is underway! Exciting times to come. Scott estimates that first Helmsman 46 pilothouse should be completed by May 2023. We can't wait to see her offloaded in Seattle.
We enjoyed our recent SEAlaska and BC cruise in our 38E so much that we decided to return to those beautiful places in a larger trawler for longer stays out on the water. Van and Scott quickly found a buyer for our 38E so signing for the 46 was a non-event!
We chose the 46 because we know that Helmsman designs and builds a reliable vessel of the highest quality and finish. We preferred the alternate lower deck design with two heads. The master stateroom with ensuite split head and shower is an excellent design for added privacy and convenience. The second stateroom will be larger after eliminating the third head. Minor mods have made the sleeping space more comfortable, and more overhead storage. Some mods were made to the galley layout making the space more efficient for us. We also chose to have an induction cooktop and convection oven microwave, eliminating propane bottles, and having the extra storage space on the flybridge. Much more discussion with Van and Scott will take place as we finalize the interior and other appointments.
Future postings will document the build progress over the next few months. Other Helmsman owners have posted photos of their new builds and we intend to share selected photos.
Enjoy your time on the water. Fair winds and safe travels.
Robert
MV Kiskadee
chanprr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 10:32 AM   #2
NSM
Veteran Member

City: Tacoma
Vessel Name: Hold Fast
Vessel Model: Helmsman 43E
Exciting times. I think our 43 and your 46 may be on the same ship to Seattle…
NSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 11:25 AM   #3
FWT
Guru

City: Centreville MD
Vessel Name: Resilient
Vessel Model: Helmsman Trawlers 38E
Congratulations. I look forward to what you will be sharing.
FWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 11:19 PM   #4

City: Sequim
Vessel Name: M/V Waterhorse
Vessel Model: Helmsman 38E, Hull#52
Congratulations! I’m certain this will be a mighty fine boat! Can’t wait to follow her progress and eventually see her in person!
Nancy n Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 12:16 AM   #5
NSM
Veteran Member

City: Tacoma
Vessel Name: Hold Fast
Vessel Model: Helmsman 43E
I read through the stuff on the Helmsman site and came across this on the 46: “ Designed for a CE Class A Rating ”. That’s a robust build. Makes me wonder about where their smaller boats come in.
NSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 11:26 AM   #6

City: Seattle
Congratulations. I have been seriously looking at this boat as well. Interested to see actual pics instead of studying renderings forever. Looks like a solid boat and in the top 2 choices for me as well.
Roonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 06:58 PM   #7

City: Port Ludlow
Vessel Name: Kiskadee
Vessel Model: Helmsman 46 Hull#1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSM View Post
I read through the stuff on the Helmsman site and came across this on the 46: “ Designed for a CE Class A Rating ”. That’s a robust build. Makes me wonder about where their smaller boats come in.
The 38E has a Class B Rating.
chanprr is offline   Reply With Quote